Re: Banding in Sky

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2007
      I second that.
      Compared to a crop camera you have to deal with significant
      vignetting on a full frame. I hardly can process any stitch without
      correction from my 5D. But once you've found the settings for your
      lens it can easily be done in your RAW onverter.

      Good luck
      J├╝rgen

      Great shot BTW.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...>
      wrote:

      > On Friday, March 30, 2007 at 21:59, jinglylenny wrote:
      >
      > > Having issues with banding on a pano,
      >
      > So, I finally found out where the image is located:
      7fb2?b=1

      > Even the large version is far too small to see banding. If you mean
      > the regular pattern in the sky getting a bit darker to the image
      > seams and a bit brighter to the single image middle, this is no
      > banding, it is caused by vignetting - edge light fall off of your
      > lens. Try to remove it in your raw converter, then use a recent
      > blending tool like Sacha suggested. If you use enblend specify -l
      20
      > at the command line...
      >
      > best regards
      > --
      > Copyright (c) 2007 Erik Krause
      > Verbatim copying and distribution strictly forbidden
      > except those allowed in wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines

    • jinglylenny
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
        Cheers guys, it makes sense thinking about it that its vignetting
        I shot a few panos with the 5d but this is the only one that is
        affected but the sky in the others ones was a lot darker so probably
        did not show (as much).
        I normally shoot with a 20d so have never seen this b4
        will try and get rid of it with the raw converter.
        Appreciate the comments
        lenny