Re: Setting the Nodal point?

  • spacecowboy360
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007
      The screw on the BoBracket is very close to the axis of the lens, in
      fact given the type of nut used, called a "T-Nut" I doubt if it is on
      axis but less than a millimeter. The NPP setting depends on where the
      bracket is fastened to the lens. For my setup and according to Mike
      Thoby's figures for this lens I need it to be about 17mm from the
      front element. This I can't achieve by measurement. What I am
      currently doing is to use DSLR by Breezebrowser ( available as a 15
      day free trial) and take some shots with my camera firewired to my pc.
      I take a couple of shots 90 degrees apart with a close object and a
      far object and compare the parallax error. Using this system you can
      easily see the errors on a large monitor rather than the viewfinder of
      the camera. Currently I seem to have it pretty close. When I have the
      spare cash then I shall buy a better bracket.

      Something else that I don't recall seeing mentioned is the fact that
      using DSLR and if you have Photomatix installed on a laptop, you can
      shoot and get a immediate HDR result, well it takes a few seconds for
      Photomatix to do it's magic. This seems to be working well for me on
      a tripod setup. It would not be of much use for pole panos or when
      there are moving object. Futhermore you are limited to jpg shooting.

      SpaceC

      -- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>