Re: Frustrated by film noise in your scans?

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2007
      That example reminds me of what happens when I use Siverfast's software
      scratch removal function ("software ICE"). And yes, it looks like it's
      painted... :-)

      BTW I'm also one of those film users. Mostly 35mm Reala 100 scanned with
      a Nikon LS-4000 using Silverfast software (it took some time but now it
      works for me) and also 120/220 film rolls (Portra 400 VC) scanned with a
      Hasselblad 646. The Hasselblad scanner has no hardware based
      dust/scratch removal but the scanning software does a fairly good job.
      The Nikon scanner uses ICE which works great for everything but
      Kodachrome, SCALA and standard b/w film. Nothing new to you, I suppose.

      Oh, just for the record: I am not frustrated by film noise in my scans!
      Especially the grain from a Tri-X is absolutely beautiful! :-)

      Posted by: "dmgalpha"