automated object movies/panoramas

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2007
      nice-looking bits of gear for time lapse, automated object movies, slit-
      scan effects etc
      http://www.bmumford.com/photo/rotary/index.html
    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2007
        On 30 Mar 2007, at 11:15, panovrx wrote:

        > nice-looking bits of gear for time lapse, automated object movies,
        > slit-
        > scan effects etc
        > http://www.bmumford.com/photo/rotary/index.html

        That's an interesting site for all things timelapse.

        By some strange coincidence, I uploaded some panning timelapse movies
        last night, as done with my LEGO-driven panohead...
        <http://ivrpa.org/blog/1833/aotpr_part_8_panning_timelapse>

        Ian
      • David Sykes
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30, 2007
          Someone wrote:

          > nice-looking bits of gear for time lapse, automated object movies, slit-
          > scan effects etc
          > http://www.bmumford.com/photo/rotary/index.html

          As it happens I have just made a microcontroller-based rotary table
          similar to the one shown on their website, though at a fraction of the
          cost.

          Before going into the field, the appropriate programme is downloaded
          to the microcontroller over a serial link.

          In one implimentation, a Canon Powershot A620 is mounted on the table
          and set to one of seven zoom positions.

          That position-choice is set on a BCD switch and the microcontroller
          generates the appropriate number of pulses for the stepper to rotate
          the required amount and take the appropriate number of photos.

          I have also mounted a monopod on the table that has an EOS film camera
          and Sigma 8mm rotating around the entrance-pupil.

          It automatically takes four images, don't know yet the effect on the
          nadir image.

          The table is fixed to the ground with M6 studding but that is not
          robust enough so I will try something bigger :-)

          David Sykes
        • Yuval Levy
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
            David Sykes wrote:
            > As it happens I have just made a microcontroller-based rotary table
            > similar to the one shown on their website, though at a fraction of the
            > cost.

            Hi David -

            I wonder if you got my off-list reply to this post, or if your mailbox
            is set to accept only mails from mailing lists?

            What motor are you using?

            Yuv
          • David Sykes
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
              Yuval Levy wrote:

              > I wonder if you got my off-list reply to this post

              Hi Yuv.

              No, I will contact you directly so that you can 'Reply'.

              David
            • Ian Wood
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
                On 30 Mar 2007, at 11:42, Ian Wood wrote:

                > By some strange coincidence, I uploaded some panning timelapse movies
                > last night, as done with my LEGO-driven panohead...
                > <http://ivrpa.org/blog/1833/aotpr_part_8_panning_timelapse>

                As an experiment, I tried stitching some of the frames from the
                panning timelapse, only to find the blending in PSCS3 is so good that
                it doesn't come across as being shot over a long period...

                <http://ivrpa.org/blog/1833/aotpr_part_8a_panning_timelapse>

                Ian
              • Ian Wood
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2 10:24 AM
                  I got out again on Saturday evening, and managed a full 360 degree
                  timelapse:

                  <http://ivrpa.org/blog/1833/aotpr_part_8b_360_degree_panning_timelapse>

                  Plus details of a redesign of the trigger mechanism of the
                  Frankenhead...

                  Ian
                • Luca Vascon
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2 10:57 AM
                    COOL!!!
                    Ian, did you get my mail???
                    Cheers, and see you very soon!!!
                    ;-)

                    Ian Wood ha scritto:

                    > I got out again on Saturday evening, and managed a full 360 degree
                    > timelapse:
                    >
                    > <http://ivrpa.org/blog/1833/aotpr_part_8b_360_degree_panning_timelapse
                    > <http://ivrpa.org/blog/1833/aotpr_part_8b_360_degree_panning_timelapse>>
                    >
                    > Plus details of a redesign of the trigger mechanism of the
                    > Frankenhead...
                    >
                    > Ian

                  • Roberto Mancuso
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2 12:42 PM