Object movie inisde pano?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29 2:58 AM
      Is there a way to add an object movie (or rather animation?) inside a pano, with full
      alpha channel transparency? In either QT or any other format?
      For my contribution to the wwp (and other projects) I could need to do something like
      that, as shown in this short movie at http://bknilssen.no/pano/eksosC2.MOV .
      It would be best with alpha, but could maybe be done without it too?
      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
    • Yuval Levy
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29 4:19 AM
        Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
        > Is there a way to add an object movie (or rather animation?) inside a pano, with full
        > alpha channel transparency? In either QT or any other format?

        my best bet would be to do this in Flash. I've asked about transparent
        Flash object movies a couple of weeks ago and Matt Smith came up with
        <http://www.panotools.org/mailarchive/msg/53757#msg53757>

        Flashpanoramas.com his highly modular and can integrate other flash
        movies as hotspots / plugins.

        Don't know about synchronizing the movement of the two, though. I'm
        pretty sure a Flash wizard will have the answer.

        Yuv

        --
        Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
        Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29 4:59 AM
          Hi Bjorn,

          > Is there a way to add an object movie (or rather animation?) inside a
          > pano, with full
          > alpha channel transparency?

          Check this out:

          http://www.vrhotwires.com/hockeyguy.mov

          Done with VRhotwires.com Quicktime post production tool.

          SpiV animation:
          http://fieldofview.com/spv-gallery#chitchat

          --
          Milko Amorth
          360° Immersive Imaging
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 29 5:00 AM
            Bjorn,

            The first thing that comes to mind is the ability to add flash
            members to a quicktime movie. Someone else will have to help on this,
            I think that I remember that the flash option is not selected by
            default in the newer quicktime installs. The only trouble with this
            idea is that you will have no control. They just play. It would not
            be an object vr, but rather a linear movie. Alphas do work though.

            Matt

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 29 5:25 AM
              Matt Smith wrote:
              > the ability to add flash members to a quicktime movie.

              Flash is currently disabled by default within quicktime. It is a very
              old version of Flash in there (v5 IIRC).

              Yuv

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 29 6:01 AM
                Yuv,

                The player we built for ObjectVr's works under flash 5,

                I went to an old site of ours that had logos rotating on the panos,
                It looks like they do not work anymore.

                Thanks for the reminder.

                Matt

                On Mar 29, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Yuval Levy wrote:

                Matt Smith wrote:
                > the ability to add flash members to a quicktime movie.

                Flash is currently disabled by default within quicktime. It is a very
                old version of Flash in there (v5 IIRC).

                Yuv

                --
                Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
                Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup
                strictly forbidden.

              • Flemming V. Larsen
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 29 6:47 AM
                  I think DevalVR supports transparent Flash
                  http://devalvr.com/paginas/galeria/ejemplo.html?tipo=1&ejemplo=4
                  But it's for windows only!
                • Bjørn K Nilssen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 31 1:40 AM
                    On 29 Mar 2007 at 4:59, Milko Amorth wrote:

                    > Hi Bjorn,
                    >
                    > > Is there a way to add an object movie (or rather animation?) inside a
                    > > pano, with full
                    > > alpha channel transparency?
                    >
                    > Check this out:
                    >
                    > http://www.vrhotwires.com/hockeyguy.mov
                    >
                    > Done with VRhotwires.com Quicktime post production tool.
                    >
                    > SpiV animation:
                    > http://fieldofview.com/spv-gallery#chitchat

                    Thanks for all the tips.
                    I've been looking through docs and feature lists, but none of them specifically say that
                    they support 8bit alpha. All the examples I've seen looks more like they could have been
                    done with clip maps (GIF-style, with transparency either on or off).?
                    It looks like PurePlayer can handle mask/alpha only for image, and not for anim, where it
                    only supports gif?

                    --
                    Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
                  • Rick Drew
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 31 12:44 PM
                      The good old panotools can do it. Look at the object samples included with
                      the full download.

                      Rick