Re: Ptgui to blend 2 lots of tiffs from one template

  • dashyz
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dashyz" <dave@...> wrote:

      Hi all, thanks for all the replies!
      I think i have worked it out (a case of the last thing to try is the
      one that works!)

      I save 2 lots of raw files - one lot over-exposed, one lot under
      exposed.
      After stitching the first lot of images and getting to the point
      where i am happy with the stitch, i started a new project, imported
      the second lot of images, imported the first images file as a template
      (save the first project as a template), then simply set ptgui to
      stitch! (ignore there being no control points)

      The stitching seemed to work fine (this maybe beginners luck!!)

      I then imported both into photoshop onto 2 layers, sselected the
      lightest areas with color selection and blended the two together.

      Very simplistic explanation, but it seems to work!

      My goal was to have an image where you could see all detail in
      lightest and darkest areas.
      The full HDR thing, i think can look too contrasty or look like
      someone has gone mad with photoshop's dodge and burn tools!!

      TA again!!

      regards,

      Dave