First posting - basic browser problem

  • stormywaters234
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 1:07 AM
      Hi All - As this is a first post here is a little introduction before
      I get to state what is my (probably quite basic) problem.

      I have been lurking here for ages and learnt an awful lot in the
      process. I have been practising the image capture side of taking
      panos and made quite a few examples, and am now on the very steep
      learning curve of publishing them to a web-site! I'm using PTGui and
      pano2qvtr and no doubt will be returning with questions on these over
      coming months, but I have to say how great it is to be able to get
      something that looks reasonably like what I want quite quickly using
      these two great tools. This is a great community resource so thanks
      to you all for being here!

      Anyway - my problem is that at the weekend I got pixeplost installed
      into my website and all was going fine - I was uploading images and
      then changing them and re-uploading. Then all of a sudden, when
      browing the website from my laptop (where all of the work had been
      done) the images were no longer displaying. I just get the little
      boxes in top left position with a small red cross. ***However on my
      desktop machine and my work machine they show up fine***. I have
      cleared the cache and this has not resolved the problem. And the same
      problem is happening in IE7 and Firefox. But only on the laptop! -
      the photos display fine from other computers.

      I appreciate this may not be the place for such a basic browser
      related question but am not sure where else I can go to ask these
      sort of questions - any suggestions would also be appreciated!

      The website is www.nigelwaters.com

      At the moment I just have the panoramic images - my next task is
      going to be to get the QTVR's up and available - but I have done very
      little and very basic web stuff so am learning that side too.

      Any comments on the images would be welcome too. There are only three
      there at the moment - if you do feel the inclination to have a look
      please check out the one of St Pugins Church in Cheadle as it is the
      most amazing church interior I have seen.

      Thanks