panos

  • stevendowd2001
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2006
      just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
      have taken while in Mallorca

      have uploaded them into here

      http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/

      not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
      i already stitched

      btw, i just noticed the JS seems to have re=written his own version of
      the [Panotools] troubles on panontools.info frontpage, seems he is
      trying to make his actions look rosy , maybe thats more for Yahoo
      admins which he suspects will check out his homepage due to his complaint

      whats happening about a group website, i have offered to host, i have
      panotools.org.uk, i know bert has panotoolsng , i feel we need
      something online, with a true history of the hassles.

      Steven Dowd
    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 13, 2006
        On 13 Jul 2006, at 12:21, stevendowd2001 wrote:

        > just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
        > have taken while in Mallorca
        >
        > have uploaded them into here
        >
        > http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/
        >
        > not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
        > i already stitched

        Are these bracketed? The dynamic range captured seems to be quite
        high with all that direct sun. I especially like the first few ruins.
        Business or pleasure? Holiday I hope.

        > btw, i just noticed the JS seems to have re=written his own version of
        > the [Panotools] troubles on panontools.info frontpage, seems he is
        > trying to make his actions look rosy , maybe thats more for Yahoo
        > admins which he suspects will check out his homepage due to his
        > complaint
        >
        > whats happening about a group website, i have offered to host, i have
        > panotools.org.uk, i know bert has panotoolsng , i feel we need
        > something online, with a true history of the hassles.
        >
        > Steven Dowd

        You're a member of PanoTool-List, you know the appropriate place to
        discuss this...

        Ian
      • stevendowd2001
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 13, 2006
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

          > On 13 Jul 2006, at 12:21, stevendowd2001 wrote:
          >
          > > just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
          > > have taken while in Mallorca
          > >
          > > have uploaded them into here
          > >
          > > http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/
          > >
          > > not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
          > > i already stitched
          >
          > Are these bracketed? The dynamic range captured seems to be quite
          > high with all that direct sun. I especially like the first few ruins.
          > Business or pleasure? Holiday I hope.
          >

          > Ian

          Ian , sorry, i forgot to send one post to one list and the other stuff
          to the other..

          :)

          anyway..

          no they are not bracketed, some time ago, i updated my 300d firmware
          to a custom one i found on a japanese website, have a link to it
          somewhere, it allows for ASA down to 50ASA and upto 3200ASA, ever
          since i did that firmware change i seem to have gained a larger tonal
          range,

          maybe it was something else changed in the file i uploaded into my 300d

          they are 6 shots with a sigma 8mm and my trusty EOS 300d

          the ruins are a prehistoric archaeological dig, i think at a place
          called son fome west of Palma. the circular tomb with the column was
          so damn hot inside you could have cokked eggs on the camera.

          done some night pano's as well, will put those up later

          Steven Dowd
        • yuval levy
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 13, 2006
            --- stevendowd2001 <steven.dowd@...> wrote:
            > http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/

            beautiful panos indeed! I envy you - vacation.

            > btw, i just noticed the JS...

            I repeat, I envy you - VACATION. Is JS that big dark
            cloud covering the sun? Enjoy your vacation.

            For the website offer and the rest,
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/> is
            where we try to get this sort of discussions
            channelled.

            Enjoy your holiday
            Yuv

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • yuval levy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 13, 2006
              --- stevendowd2001 <steven.dowd@...> wrote:
              > done some night pano's as well, will put those up
              > later

              done so too when I met Andy Alpern in Zfat (Safed), an
              old city in Israel that attracts loads of tourists:

              <http://www.levy.ch/060603zfat01.mov>
              <http://www.levy.ch/060603zfat02.mov>
              <http://www.levy.ch/060603zfat03.mov> (on this one you
              can see us in his art gallery - guess what he is
              selling :-))

              Yuv

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Pat Swovelin
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
                stevendowd2001 wrote:
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> On 13 Jul 2006, at 12:21, stevendowd2001 wrote:
                >>
                >>> just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
                >>> have taken while in Mallorca
                >>>
                >>> have uploaded them into here
                >>>
                >>> http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/

                http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/son-fomes-002.mov appears to have 2 cube
                faces that are greyed/preview versions.

                >>> not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
                >>> i already stitched
                >> Are these bracketed? The dynamic range captured seems to be quite
                >> high with all that direct sun. I especially like the first few ruins.
                >> Business or pleasure? Holiday I hope.
                >>

                >> Ian
                >>

                > Ian , sorry, i forgot to send one post to one list and the other stuff
                > to the other..
                >
                > :)
                >
                > anyway..
                >
                > no they are not bracketed, some time ago, i updated my 300d firmware
                > to a custom one i found on a japanese website, have a link to it
                > somewhere, it allows for ASA down to 50ASA and upto 3200ASA, ever
                > since i did that firmware change i seem to have gained a larger tonal
                > range,

                What other changes did it give you (a friend of a friend said he'd
                gotten a much higher continuous frame rate with something he'd done)?
                Do you still have the URL (I'd love to upgrade mine)?

                > maybe it was something else changed in the file i uploaded into my 300d
                >
                > they are 6 shots with a sigma 8mm and my trusty EOS 300d
                >
                > the ruins are a prehistoric archaeological dig, i think at a place
                > called son fome west of Palma. the circular tomb with the column was
                > so damn hot inside you could have cokked eggs on the camera.
                >
                > done some night pano's as well, will put those up later
                >

                > Steven Dowd

                Pat Swovelin
                Cool Guy @ Large
              • Lou
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
                  Hi,
                  I am not sure what has happened but the first two on the list just
                  had one image. The third one did do the pan.

                  What did you do to get this type of panorama? I have just been
                  making prints with PTGui.

                  Warm Regards,
                  Lou
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

                  At 11:21 AM 7/13/2006 +0000, you wrote:
                  >just managed to stitch the first of a whole load of pano's which i
                  >have taken while in Mallorca
                  >
                  >have uploaded them into here
                  >
                  >http://steven-dowd.co.uk/pano/
                  >
                  >not made html or anything, just uploadde into a dir the few mov files
                  >i already stitched
                  >
                  >btw, i just noticed the JS seems to have re=written his own version of
                  >the [Panotools] troubles on panontools.info frontpage, seems he is
                  >trying to make his actions look rosy , maybe thats more for Yahoo
                  >admins which he suspects will check out his homepage due to his complaint
                  >
                  >whats happening about a group website, i have offered to host, i have
                  >panotools.org.uk, i know bert has panotoolsng , i feel we need
                  >something online, with a true history of the hassles.
                  >
                  >Steven Dowd

                • Mark D. Fink
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
                    Hi Lou,

                    I'm guessing that you are making mosaics of images in order to make one
                    larger image. If so, then you're part way there. In order to make spherical
                    images, you need to continue shooting all the way around. For this, a
                    bracket can be very helpful to keep parallax from being a problem, although
                    handheld can be done as well.

                    There are several pano heads out there. The wiki had a reference page to
                    that, so if/when it is available again, that would be a great place to
                    start. I will be "formally" announcing the availability of my new version of
                    the Pinnacle VR probably next week. There is one last component that hasn't
                    been delivered yet, but all the other pieces are working together quite
                    nicely. More news soon!

                    Mark
                    www.northernlight.net