Zork shift adapter

  • rogerhoward@rogerroger.org
    Message 1 of 76 , Mar 27 10:28 AM
    • dmgalpha
      Message 76 of 76 , Mar 30 5:50 PM
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

        > I agree that it might not be possible to exactly duplicate the effect,
        > but maybe we can give the appearance of the effect. I have just uploaded
        > a file to my site – www.northernlight.net/astronaut.psd - where I took
        > one of the PhotoShop sample images, made a duplicate layer, applied the
        > diffuser filter and then Gaussian blur to the new layer. Finally, I
        > added a layer mask and used the gradient tool to selectively hide the
        > blurred part, revealing the original below. You can show/hide the new
        > layer to see the difference.

        To understand better the effect of lens in blur (what is typically
        known as bokeh) one has to understand the effect that the blades of
        the lens have on it. I think that the Lensbaby creativity pack shows
        this well.

        http://www.lensbabies.com/index.php?page=lcak/galleries

        Browse these images. This effect is very difficult to mimic because it
        depends on two factors: distance from focus plane, and locality of light.

        I am actually itching to buy one of them, even though of my friends
        considers them a cheap photo trick ;)

        dmg