Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: VR Worx Object Movies

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2007
      I had to look at an old project to remind myself. There is a
      resizable box in the dewobble window (actually on two different
      images). Notice that one image is from zero degrees and the other
      180. That is what you see when you click on the X button. Click on
      the X' button and you see two images at 90 and 270 degrees. In other
      words, you are looking at images 180 degrees apart in each of two
      planes that are perpendicular to one another.

      The normal usage, I believe, is to use the arrow keys to rotate about
      until you see the maximum displacement of the center point of the
      object from the center of rotation of the image. Note that the angle
      you will see are still 180 degrees apart, but not 0/180 and 90/270
      anymore.

      Set the resizable boxes to frame the image as it should be centered
      in each view. Choose how to fill in any edges that are introduced by
      shifting the images. When you build the object movie, the (hoped
      for) result is that each image is shifted by the proper amount so
      that they are all lined up.

      Should work in concept, but it is tough to get right. I ended up
      doing the same kind of thing you describe: making a semi-automated
      process to center the images using photoshop. It was aided by the
      fact that I had shot everything on chromakey and used Primatte to
      remove the background.

      Good luck,

      John

      John Riley