Re: exif cloning

  • Andrew Nemeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2006
      On 25 Jul 2006, at 21:20, Erik Krause wrote:

      > http://www.hugsan.com/EXIFutils/ or

      $US 30.

      > http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

      Free.

      Guess which is the one to get?... !

      BTW, here's a script snippet I use to run exiftool in MacOSX (tcsh
      shell):

      echo "C. Transfer EXIF info..."
      set mycmd = "exiftool -q -tagsfromfile copyexiffromhere.dng
      -overwrite_original_in_place -exif:all -author=AZN myresult.tif"
      echo "${mycmd}"
      /usr/bin/time ${mycmd}

      N.B. the "set mycmd ... .tif" line should be entered as a single line
      without line breaks.

      Also, use your own filenames for "copyexiffromhere.dng" and
      "myresult.tif"!

      Regds,

      Andrew N.
      <http://nemeng.com>
      Blue Mountains Australia
    • RomualdV
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2006
        Hi all,

        Speaking of meta files, I'm trying to make (or find) a psd script or
        a small app for Mac which allow to place the text of the IPTC
        Description field in the bottom of a picture-file to print.
        Copy-past doesn't work in a psd script (it's always the same text).
        And
        http://www.dropwatermark.com/
        read several infos but not the one I need.
        Any idea please ?

        Romuald
      • Mr. Roger Howard
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2006
          On Jul 27, 2006, at 8:24 AM, RomualdV wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Speaking of meta files, I'm trying to make (or find) a psd script or
          > a small app for Mac which allow to place the text of the IPTC
          > Description field in the bottom of a picture-file to print.
          > Copy-past doesn't work in a psd script (it's always the same text).
          > And
          > http://www.dropwatermark.com/
          > read several infos but not the one I need.
          > Any idea please ?

          This can be done pretty easily in JavaScript, in fact I'm pretty sure
          similar scripts already exist on the Adobe script exchange site. It
          would be pretty easy to create one if not, especially if we could
          make some assumptions about the length of the text.

          I'll see what I can find later (in terms of existing scripts) and if
          not I'm sure one of us will whip one up :)

          -R
        • RomualdV
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2006
            Hi Roger,

            I've contacted you off list but it seems not to work.
            ?

            Romuald

            Le 27 juil. 06 à 23:05, Mr. Roger Howard a écrit :

            > On Jul 27, 2006, at 8:24 AM, RomualdV wrote:
            >
            >> Hi all,
            >>
            >> Speaking of meta files, I'm trying to make (or find) a psd script or
            >> a small app for Mac which allow to place the text of the IPTC
            >> Description field in the bottom of a picture-file to print.
            >> Copy-past doesn't work in a psd script (it's always the same text).
            >> And
            >> http://www.dropwatermark.com/
            >> read several infos but not the one I need.
            >> Any idea please ?
            >
            > This can be done pretty easily in JavaScript, in fact I'm pretty sure
            > similar scripts already exist on the Adobe script exchange site. It
            > would be pretty easy to create one if not, especially if we could
            > make some assumptions about the length of the text.
            >
            > I'll see what I can find later (in terms of existing scripts) and if
            > not I'm sure one of us will whip one up :)
            >
            > -R

          • Mr. Roger Howard
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29, 2006
              On Jul 29, 2006, at 9:23 PM, RomualdV wrote:

              > Hi Roger,
              >
              > I've contacted you off list but it seems not to work.
              > ?

              It did, I've just been busy... I'm going to take a look at this
              tomorrow - feel free to contact me offlist in following up.

              -R