Re: Active X

  • fierodeval
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
      ActiveX is the third generation of OLE technology (Object Linking and
      Embedding), the technology used in Windows to embed programs (plugins)
      into another programs. The first version was OLE, the next OLE2, and
      for the third version Microsoft changed this name (OLE3) to ActiveX,
      because it's a jump of the technology to Internet world.

      Basically, an ActiveX file is a DLL file (Dinamic Link Library) with
      the functions and resources of the program. This ActiveX file is the
      same that plugin for Netscape, Firefox or Safari, with some
      differences, for example, an ActiveX plugin is registered in the
      system and any program could embed it (Internet Explorer, for
      example). Netscape plugins need to be in 'Plugins' browser folder.

      QuickTime ActiveX object in windows is "QTPlugin.ocx" file. This file
      is used by Internet explorer to create QT viewer into the browser.
      ActiveX is only used in Windows.

      Best regards
      fiero

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

      > It might be a bit OT but can somebody explain what is Active X in
      regard to QT in Internet Explorer???