easyHDR ?

  • Krzysztof
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2006
      Do you know this program? It is polish, but in english language.
      http://www.astrofoto.pl/easyHDR/index.php
      I don`t understand all these parameters... Maybe easy, but not for me ;-)

      --
      Regards,
      Krzysztof
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2006
        blok34c wrote:

        > Do you know this program? It is polish, but in english language.
        > http://www.astrofoto.pl/easyHDR/index.php
        > I don`t understand all these parameters... Maybe easy, but not for me ;-)
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        > Krzysztof

        Yes, it has a lot going for it. You get very "clean" results, maybe because
        it does not do local contrast enhancement, which sometimes seems to make
        walls and other large areas of one color look very noisy. The only drawback
        is that you have to make your hdr in another program (for instance
        photoshop, HDRshop or the free hdr assembly utility from Photomatix), then
        convert it to a floating tif before you can start in easyHDR. Assembling the
        HDR in easyHDR does not give good results.

        Once you have loaded your floating tif in easyHDR, do some previews on parts
        of the image, using the bilateral compression instead of the gausian. It
        produces a very low contrast result. Dont try to modify this in easyHDR, but
        just check if the light level of the brightest area in the image and the
        light level of the darkest area look ok. I usually use a compression factor
        of between 1.7 and 2.4. Then process and save as 16 bit tif. Modify your
        levels, contrast, saturation, etc. in Photoshop.

        The two bedroom panoramas on this site were done with easyHDR:
        http://www.sphericalvrtours.com/marquez_av/index.html

        Carel

        Sent from the PanoToolsNG forum at Nabble.com.