Re: uRGENT: digest number 377

  • hmmsomethingelse
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      Don't know if this article is relevant

      http://blog.360.yahoo.com/y_groups_team

      UPDATE: Some Groups Not Receiving Email Messages
      From February 28 about 2:30 p.m. (Pacific time) until March 1
      about 11:15 a.m. some members of some groups were not receiving email.
      Some members of some of these groups were able to see the posts on
      their group archive on the Web, but were not receiving them via email.
      Groups mail delivery is back to normal as of about 11:15 a.m. (Pacific
      time). We now have more information about what caused this.

      While we were working on an improvement to our email delivery
      systems, email delivery was inadvertently suspended for some members
      of some groups. This problem did not affect all Groups users.
      Unfortunately, while messages posted to affected groups during this
      time were saved to group archives, the messages cannot now be
      delivered via email. If your group's archives are open to your members
      (click here for more info about Archive settings), your members can
      access the undelivered messages via the Web. If your group's archives
      are not open to your members, you may want to suggest that your
      members resend any messages they had sent between yesterday afternoon
      and this morning, if they want to ensure they are read by other members.

      Yesterday's work was part of our ongoing efforts to improve the
      performance of Yahoo! Groups and was not supposed to involve any
      downtime for users. The delivery glitch was the result of human error,
      and because it only affected some members of some groups, it delayed
      both our awareness of the problem and our efforts to resolve it. We
      sincerely regret the inconvenience it may have caused.

      The Yahoo! Groups Team
      Tags: yg-alerts, groups
      Thursday March 1, 2007 - 03:17pm (PST)

      Some Groups Not Receiving Email Messages
      We want to acknowledge the reports that not all groups are
      receiving email. Some of these groups are seeing the posts on their
      group archive on the Web, but not receiving them via email. This
      problem has been difficult to diagnose, since it is affecting some
      groups but not others.

      Our engineers have been investigating the root cause since we
      became aware of the problem last night. We will continue to work on
      this and will keep you updated via the blog. In the meantime, we
      appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

      The Yahoo! Groups Team