uRGENT: digest number 377

  • Jeffrey S. Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      Hi, my esteemed colleagues,

      Things are getting desperate here in the "black magic city". There are now 4
      new PanotoolsNG email digests, and I'm missing one of them, number 377, what
      if it is one of those "magic digests" full of tasty secrets? I would never
      know!!!

      can SOMEONE please send me digest number 377? Are you there, carl von einem?
      i know you get the digest. Or someone else? Please?

      :-)

      Jeffrey

    • Carl von Einem
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
        I can only suggest a workaround since I also never got digest #377 and
        it seems that yahoo just dropped that one (Neither Jeffrey nor I have a
        record of bouncing messages).

        It seems that the messages from
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/7323
        up to
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/7333
        are missing in the digest. So we could collect a digest manually...

        I'm volunteering, just need a cup of coffee and I will post a link. So
        let's see if we can find some secrets that way :-)

        Cheers,
        Carl

        Posted by: "Jeffrey S. Martin"

        > Things are getting desperate here in the "black magic city". There are now 4
        > new PanotoolsNG email digests, and I'm missing one of them, number 377, what
        > if it is one of those "magic digests" full of tasty secrets? I would never
        > know!!!
        >
        > can SOMEONE please send me digest number 377? Are you there, carl von einem?
        > i know you get the digest. Or someone else? Please?
      • hmmsomethingelse
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
          Don't know if this article is relevant

          http://blog.360.yahoo.com/y_groups_team

          UPDATE: Some Groups Not Receiving Email Messages
          From February 28 about 2:30 p.m. (Pacific time) until March 1
          about 11:15 a.m. some members of some groups were not receiving email.
          Some members of some of these groups were able to see the posts on
          their group archive on the Web, but were not receiving them via email.
          Groups mail delivery is back to normal as of about 11:15 a.m. (Pacific
          time). We now have more information about what caused this.

          While we were working on an improvement to our email delivery
          systems, email delivery was inadvertently suspended for some members
          of some groups. This problem did not affect all Groups users.
          Unfortunately, while messages posted to affected groups during this
          time were saved to group archives, the messages cannot now be
          delivered via email. If your group's archives are open to your members
          (click here for more info about Archive settings), your members can
          access the undelivered messages via the Web. If your group's archives
          are not open to your members, you may want to suggest that your
          members resend any messages they had sent between yesterday afternoon
          and this morning, if they want to ensure they are read by other members.

          Yesterday's work was part of our ongoing efforts to improve the
          performance of Yahoo! Groups and was not supposed to involve any
          downtime for users. The delivery glitch was the result of human error,
          and because it only affected some members of some groups, it delayed
          both our awareness of the problem and our efforts to resolve it. We
          sincerely regret the inconvenience it may have caused.

          The Yahoo! Groups Team
          Tags: yg-alerts, groups
          Thursday March 1, 2007 - 03:17pm (PST)

          Some Groups Not Receiving Email Messages
          We want to acknowledge the reports that not all groups are
          receiving email. Some of these groups are seeing the posts on their
          group archive on the Web, but not receiving them via email. This
          problem has been difficult to diagnose, since it is affecting some
          groups but not others.

          Our engineers have been investigating the root cause since we
          became aware of the problem last night. We will continue to work on
          this and will keep you updated via the blog. In the meantime, we
          appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

          The Yahoo! Groups Team