Re: [PanoToolsNG] Spanish hacker site

  • Fabio Bustamante
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
      That's why I like so much to use technologies that allow me to encrypt
      my panoramas... seeing my work stolen is pretty unlikely to happen.

      Fabio.

      Ignacio Ferrando wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I have just discovered that in a Spanish web site they claim to be
      > the authors of several panos that some of your will know...
      >
      > http://www.ibxdesign.com/360-2.htm
      >

      > I invite you to protest
      >

      > regards

      > Ignacio Ferrando MargelĂ­
      >
      > Abaco Digital
      >
      > http://www.abaco-digital.com

    • Matthias Taugwalder
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
        Thanks for the hint. My work is also "featured"... I just send them a
        request to remove the images imediately...

        Best regards from Switzerland,

        Matthias

        --
        Matthias Taugwalder
        matthias.taugwalder@...

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ignacio Ferrando <ignacio@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I have just discovered that in a Spanish web site they claim to be
          > the authors of several panos that some of your will know...
          >
          > http://www.ibxdesign.com/360-2.htm

          They seems to have been taken all from panoramas.dk.
          I have given them 48 hours (have to be nice, it is weekend)
          to remove it all.

          Hans
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
            There should be a wiki article for offenders.

            This will ensure anyone googling them will get knowledge that the services
            they are hoping to purchase

            aren't going to be what they advertise.

            Sacha Griffin
            Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            www.southern-digital.com
            www.seeit360.net
            www.ezphotosafe.com
            404-551-4275
            404-731-7798

            _____

            matthias.taugwalder <mailto:matthias.taugwalder%40gmail.com> @...

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
              On Friday, March 02, 2007 at 20:27, Ignacio Ferrando wrote:

              > I have just discovered that in a Spanish web site they claim to be
              > the authors of several panos that some of your will know...
              >
              > http://www.ibxdesign.com/360-2.htm

              ...and they not even removed the copyright information from the
              QTVR...

              http://www.erik-krause.de/
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
                On Friday, March 02, 2007 at 20:27, Ignacio Ferrando wrote:

                > I have just discovered that in a Spanish web site they claim to be
                > the authors of several panos that some of your will know...

                I assume you saw http://www.ibxdesign.com/360.htm too. The ice
                climber image is yours, isn't?

                BTW.: Could you inform the WWP list as well? Seems at least one VR
                was a WWP submission...

                best regards

                http://www.erik-krause.de/
              • Roger D. Williams
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
                  On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 07:12:01 +0900, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ignacio Ferrando <ignacio@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hi all,
                  >>
                  >> I have just discovered that in a Spanish web site they claim to be
                  >> the authors of several panos that some of your will know...
                  >>
                  >> http://www.ibxdesign.com/360-2.htm
                  >
                  > They seems to have been taken all from panoramas.dk.
                  > I have given them 48 hours (have to be nice, it is weekend)
                  > to remove it all.

                  Well, they may be incorrigible thieves, but at least they had impeccable
                  good taste!

                  Roger

                  --
                  Work: www.adex-japan.com