Re: Beautiful Panoramas: Turkey Cinemascope: Another opinion

  • yuval_levy
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 9:45 AM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "David Sykes" <killspammers2@...>
      wrote:

      > Yuval Levy wrote:
      >
      > > thank you for sharing this opinion. i think we need more of these
      > > comments.
      >

      > I do not think so, this is very dangerous ground that can quickly
      > get out-of-hand.

      There is a fine difference between artistic judgment and political
      statements and while I agree with you that it is dangerous ground and
      everyone is at risk of feeling provoked and react at some point or
      another, it's no good reason to cover our eyes and refrain from
      expressing subjective judgment about composition, color, collection
      and, to a limited extent, interpretation.

      > Consider my message 1690 :-
      > You did not respond and I could have said 'that once-attractive
      > coastline before the actions by the "state" of Israel'.

      I did not ignore you. I decided to ignore my reaction that would have
      lead the thread way off-topic.

      > I would love to say a lot, lot more but it would not be appropriate,
      > see what I mean :-)

      Feel free to do so in *private*. And get ready for heated debate :-)

      > Best to stick with technicalities in this forum.

      Stick with panoramas. Technicalities are an important part. Artistic
      and aesthetic judgment too. Moderation (self or by the mods) ensures
      that debate does not get sidetracked by polarizing issues.

      Yuv

      --
      Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
      Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup