Sundown print advert

  • Fabio Bustamante
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      Recently Johnson & Johnson's Sundown sunblocker did something similar to
      Eurostar and used a couple panoramic images to illustrate a campain with
      the theme "life spins around the sun". Two beautiful images, one at the
      beach and the other at the park, remapped to that crazy projection that
      makes that "tiny globes", but with the sky in the center instead:

      http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3051/sun1ie7lu3.jpg

      http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8031/sun2dy5sm7.jpg

      However after a closer look it became clear that they were fake
      panoramas. The shadows are impossibly placed. The beach scene is also
      impossible, for it would take a small island to create a horizon that is
      a 360º beach.

      They are beautiful images though and I invite everyone to take a look!
      Any ideas on how it was made? :-)

      All the best,

      Fabio.
    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
        It is simple to make this

        take the equirect image of a pano

        resize it ( not proportional) so you get a square

        apply Polar Coordinates under transform in PS

        you can also reverse the picture of Johnsons to get the equicrect
        again which will give you more clues

        http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/Johnson.jpg

        Willy

        On Mar 2, 2007, at 17:31, Fabio Bustamante wrote:

        > Recently Johnson & Johnson's Sundown sunblocker did something
        > similar to
        > Eurostar and used a couple panoramic images to illustrate a campain
        > with
        > the theme "life spins around the sun". Two beautiful images, one at
        > the
        > beach and the other at the park, remapped to that crazy projection
        > that
        > makes that "tiny globes", but with the sky in the center instead:
        >
        > http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3051/sun1ie7lu3.jpg
        >
        > http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8031/sun2dy5sm7.jpg
        >
        > However after a closer look it became clear that they were fake
        > panoramas. The shadows are impossibly placed. The beach scene is also
        > impossible, for it would take a small island to create a horizon
        > that is
        > a 360º beach.
        >
        > They are beautiful images though and I invite everyone to take a look!
        > Any ideas on how it was made? :-)
        >
        > All the best,
        >
        > Fabio.

      • RomualdV
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
          Le 2 mars 07 à 19:31, Fabio Bustamante a écrit :
          > crazy projection that
          > makes that "tiny globes", but with the sky in the center instead:
          >
          > http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3051/sun1ie7lu3.jpg
          >
          > http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8031/sun2dy5sm7.jpg
          >
          > However after a closer look it became clear that they were fake
          > panoramas. The shadows are impossibly placed. The beach scene is also
          > impossible, for it would take a small island to create a horizon
          > that is
          > a 360º beach.

          Here a 100 x 500 m island, remapped as ring-earth.
          The left is natural, on the right I stretched the sea for more impact.
          It is 12, the sun is at zenith, people are sitting on their shadow.
          Made from slides in year 2001.

          http://perso.orange.fr/panoramas.re/pht/twin.jpg

          Romuald