Pano2QTVR error

  • johnriley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
      I am using an ER that is 11552x5776 which is a 33.8 MB jpeg.
      When I go to the hotspots tab and check "activate hotspots",
      I get
      an error in Pano2QTVR: "Not enough storage is available to
      process
      this command".

      What is that about? I am using a PC with 2GB RAM and 58GB
      free
      hard drive space, so I don't see how there could be too
      little
      storage!
    • Thomas Rauscher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        Hello John,

        on Friday, March 2, 2007, 15:05:18 you wrote:

        j> I am using an ER that is 11552x5776 which is a 33.8 MB jpeg. When I
        j> go to the hotspots tab and check "activate hotspots", I get an
        j> error in Pano2QTVR: "Not enough storage is available to process
        j> this command".

        j> What is that about? I am using a PC with 2GB RAM and 58GB free hard
        j> drive space, so I don't see how there could be too little storage!

        Unfortunately this can happen because currently I use the default
        Delphi API for images and this API relays on the Windows image system.
        The Windows API is unfortunately not very efficient with handling
        large images. The next major version of Pano2QTVR will relay on a new
        image system where the memory is handled more efficient. Currently you
        can avoid this error using smaller images or convert the panorama into
        cube faces to create the hotspots because the individual cube faces
        are smaller in size.

        MfG,
        Thomas.