Re: Beautiful Panoramas: Turkey Cinemascope: Another opinion

  • David Sykes
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
      Yuval Levy wrote:

      > thank you for sharing this opinion. i think we need more of these
      > comments.

      I do not think so, this is very dangerous ground that can quickly get
      out-of-hand.

      Consider my message 1690 :-

      "Yuval Levy wrote:

      <http://vrm.vrway.com/issue26/PEACEFUL_SCENES_OF_HAIFA_AND_THE_NORTHERN_ISRAELI_COAST.html>

      Very nice caves.

      Try a Google search for 'Lebanon bbc oil'.

      It may provide more up-to-date information about that attractive
      coastline"

      You did not respond and I could have said 'that once-attractive
      coastline before the actions by the "state" of Israel'.

      I would love to say a lot, lot more but it would not be appropriate,
      see what I mean :-)

      Best to stick with technicalities in this forum.

      David Sykes
    • yuval_levy
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "David Sykes" <killspammers2@...>
        wrote:

        > Yuval Levy wrote:
        >
        > > thank you for sharing this opinion. i think we need more of these
        > > comments.
        >

        > I do not think so, this is very dangerous ground that can quickly
        > get out-of-hand.

        There is a fine difference between artistic judgment and political
        statements and while I agree with you that it is dangerous ground and
        everyone is at risk of feeling provoked and react at some point or
        another, it's no good reason to cover our eyes and refrain from
        expressing subjective judgment about composition, color, collection
        and, to a limited extent, interpretation.

        > Consider my message 1690 :-
        > You did not respond and I could have said 'that once-attractive
        > coastline before the actions by the "state" of Israel'.

        I did not ignore you. I decided to ignore my reaction that would have
        lead the thread way off-topic.

        > I would love to say a lot, lot more but it would not be appropriate,
        > see what I mean :-)

        Feel free to do so in *private*. And get ready for heated debate :-)

        > Best to stick with technicalities in this forum.

        Stick with panoramas. Technicalities are an important part. Artistic
        and aesthetic judgment too. Moderation (self or by the mods) ensures
        that debate does not get sidetracked by polarizing issues.

        Yuv

        --
        Copyright © 2007 Yuval Levy
        Verbatim copying and distribution on other medium than YahooGroup