Re: 2nd try (sorry) - could you all please check Explore Oman ?

  • William Donelson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
      I've now tried this on PCs.

      On Windows XP SP2 PCs with Java 1.5.0_10 -

      Dowloading of the strips in panos does stop if the mouse is Held Down during panning
      around the images.

      This seems to happen in both Firefox and IE 7.0

      If anyone sees different results, Please let me know.

      Thanks
      William

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

      > I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working on all
      browsers
      > right now.
      >
      > Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.
      >
      > And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working, that would
      be
      > great!
      >
      > Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on most
      monitors.

      > Thanks
      > William

    • Fulvio Senore
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
        The applet is working very well in my computer, with IE and Firefox.
        Chances are that with slower computers java is not able to pan and
        download at the same time.

        Anyway, I believe that normal users (not pano addicted like us :-) )
        will not keep panning while downloading the image. I noticed that users
        do not pan very much: they usually look for something interesting then
        they wait for the image to arrive.

        Fulvio Senore

        William Donelson ha scritto:
        > Sacha
        >
        > That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari & Firefox...
        >
        > What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried restarting your
        > browser?
        >
        > If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out what's going on.
        >
        > William
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Seems to be ok..
        >>

        >> One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
        >> Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
        >>

        >> Sacha Griffin
        >> Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        >> www.southern-digital.com
        >> www.seeit360.net
        >> www.ezphotosafe.com
        >> 404-551-4275
        >> 404-731-7798

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
          It maybe something to do with the java version installed.

          Downloading was affected by merely a mousedown without panning.

          _____