RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 2nd try (sorry) - could you all please check Explore Oman ?

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
      William,

      It worked fine for me on a WinXP IE 6.0 machine. I started panning while
      the pano was loading, and it continued loading. Not very elegantly,
      since it would hesitate, then pan again, but it did finish loading.

      Mark

      www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

      www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
        Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_06-b05)

        Actually it does continue I see, but about 100 times slower. Line by line

        IE and firefox.

        _____

        That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari &
        Firefox...

        What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried
        restarting your
        browser?

        If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out
        what's going on.

        William

        "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

        > Seems to be ok..
        >

        > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
        > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
        >

        > Sacha Griffin
        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        > www.southern-digital.com
        > www.seeit360.net
        > www.ezphotosafe.com
        > 404-551-4275
        > 404-731-7798

      • William Donelson
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
          Hmmm.... I have contacted Fulvio to ask him to have a look.

          Could you all state:
          PC or Mac
          RAM
          OS and version
          Browser & version
          Java version

          So he can look for possible problems.

          It might be the settings I used during preparation of the panos using Fulvio's tools...

          Thanks.
        • William Donelson
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
            Fulvio says that there should be no problems, except on slow PCs.

            Is anyone else having a problem?

            http://www.explore-oman.net

            Thanks

            William

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

            > Hmmm.... I have contacted Fulvio to ask him to have a look.
            >
            > Could you all state:
            > PC or Mac
            > RAM
            > OS and version
            > Browser & version
            > Java version
            >
            > So he can look for possible problems.
            >
            > It might be the settings I used during preparation of the panos using Fulvio's tools...
            >
            > Thanks.

          • William Donelson
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
              I've now tried this on PCs.

              On Windows XP SP2 PCs with Java 1.5.0_10 -

              Dowloading of the strips in panos does stop if the mouse is Held Down during panning
              around the images.

              This seems to happen in both Firefox and IE 7.0

              If anyone sees different results, Please let me know.

              Thanks
              William

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

              > I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working on all
              browsers
              > right now.
              >
              > Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.
              >
              > And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working, that would
              be
              > great!
              >
              > Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on most
              monitors.

              > Thanks
              > William

            • Fulvio Senore
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
                The applet is working very well in my computer, with IE and Firefox.
                Chances are that with slower computers java is not able to pan and
                download at the same time.

                Anyway, I believe that normal users (not pano addicted like us :-) )
                will not keep panning while downloading the image. I noticed that users
                do not pan very much: they usually look for something interesting then
                they wait for the image to arrive.

                Fulvio Senore

                William Donelson ha scritto:
                > Sacha
                >
                > That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari & Firefox...
                >
                > What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried restarting your
                > browser?
                >
                > If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out what's going on.
                >
                > William
                >

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Seems to be ok..
                >>

                >> One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
                >> Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
                >>

                >> Sacha Griffin
                >> Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                >> www.southern-digital.com
                >> www.seeit360.net
                >> www.ezphotosafe.com
                >> 404-551-4275
                >> 404-731-7798

              • Sacha Griffin
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
                  It maybe something to do with the java version installed.

                  Downloading was affected by merely a mousedown without panning.