Re: 2nd try (sorry) - could you all please check Explore Oman ?

  • William Donelson
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
      Sacha

      That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari & Firefox...

      What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried restarting your
      browser?

      If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out what's going on.

      William

      > Seems to be ok..
      >

      > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
      > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
      >

      > Sacha Griffin
      > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      > www.southern-digital.com
      > www.seeit360.net
      > www.ezphotosafe.com
      > 404-551-4275
      > 404-731-7798
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
        William,

        It worked fine for me on a WinXP IE 6.0 machine. I started panning while
        the pano was loading, and it continued loading. Not very elegantly,
        since it would hesitate, then pan again, but it did finish loading.

        Mark

        www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

        www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

        --- In PanoToolsNG@ <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

        > Seems to be ok..
        >

        > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are
        panning.
        > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
        >

        > Sacha Griffin
        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        > www.southern-digital.com
        > www.seeit360.net
        > www.ezphotosafe.com
        > 404-551-4275
        > 404-731-7798

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
          Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_06-b05)

          Actually it does continue I see, but about 100 times slower. Line by line

          IE and firefox.

          _____

          That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari &
          Firefox...

          What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried
          restarting your
          browser?

          If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out
          what's going on.

          William

          "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > Seems to be ok..
          >

          > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
          > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
          >

          > Sacha Griffin
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          > www.southern-digital.com
          > www.seeit360.net
          > www.ezphotosafe.com
          > 404-551-4275
          > 404-731-7798

        • William Donelson
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
            Hmmm.... I have contacted Fulvio to ask him to have a look.

            Could you all state:
            PC or Mac
            RAM
            OS and version
            Browser & version
            Java version

            So he can look for possible problems.

            It might be the settings I used during preparation of the panos using Fulvio's tools...

            Thanks.
          • William Donelson
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
              Fulvio says that there should be no problems, except on slow PCs.

              Is anyone else having a problem?

              http://www.explore-oman.net

              Thanks

              William

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

              > Hmmm.... I have contacted Fulvio to ask him to have a look.
              >
              > Could you all state:
              > PC or Mac
              > RAM
              > OS and version
              > Browser & version
              > Java version
              >
              > So he can look for possible problems.
              >
              > It might be the settings I used during preparation of the panos using Fulvio's tools...
              >
              > Thanks.

            • William Donelson
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
                I've now tried this on PCs.

                On Windows XP SP2 PCs with Java 1.5.0_10 -

                Dowloading of the strips in panos does stop if the mouse is Held Down during panning
                around the images.

                This seems to happen in both Firefox and IE 7.0

                If anyone sees different results, Please let me know.

                Thanks
                William

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

                > I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working on all
                browsers
                > right now.
                >
                > Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.
                >
                > And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working, that would
                be
                > great!
                >
                > Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on most
                monitors.

                > Thanks
                > William

              • Fulvio Senore
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
                  The applet is working very well in my computer, with IE and Firefox.
                  Chances are that with slower computers java is not able to pan and
                  download at the same time.

                  Anyway, I believe that normal users (not pano addicted like us :-) )
                  will not keep panning while downloading the image. I noticed that users
                  do not pan very much: they usually look for something interesting then
                  they wait for the image to arrive.

                  Fulvio Senore

                  William Donelson ha scritto:
                  > Sacha
                  >
                  > That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari & Firefox...
                  >
                  > What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried restarting your
                  > browser?
                  >
                  > If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out what's going on.
                  >
                  > William
                  >

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Seems to be ok..
                  >>

                  >> One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
                  >> Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
                  >>

                  >> Sacha Griffin
                  >> Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                  >> www.southern-digital.com
                  >> www.seeit360.net
                  >> www.ezphotosafe.com
                  >> 404-551-4275
                  >> 404-731-7798

                • Sacha Griffin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
                    It maybe something to do with the java version installed.

                    Downloading was affected by merely a mousedown without panning.