2nd try (sorry) - could you all please check Explore Oman ?

  • William Donelson
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
      I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working on all browsers
      right now.

      Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.

      And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working, that would be
      great!

      Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on most monitors.

      Thanks
      William
    • William Donelson
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
        The URL is --

        http://www.explore-oman.net

        Thanks!

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

        > I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working on all
        browsers
        > right now.
        >
        > Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.
        >
        > And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working, that would
        be
        > great!
        >
        > Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on most
        monitors.

        > Thanks
        > William

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
          Seems to be ok..

          One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
          Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.

          Sacha Griffin
          Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          www.southern-digital.com
          www.seeit360.net
          www.ezphotosafe.com
          404-551-4275
          404-731-7798

          _____

          > I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working
          on all
          browsers
          > right now.
          >
          > Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.
          >
          > And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working,
          that would
          be
          > great!
          >
          > Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on
          most
          monitors.

          > Thanks
          > William

        • William Donelson
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
            Sacha

            That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari & Firefox...

            What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried restarting your
            browser?

            If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out what's going on.

            William

            > Seems to be ok..
            >

            > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
            > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
            >

            > Sacha Griffin
            > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            > www.southern-digital.com
            > www.seeit360.net
            > www.ezphotosafe.com
            > 404-551-4275
            > 404-731-7798
          • Mark D. Fink
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
              William,

              It worked fine for me on a WinXP IE 6.0 machine. I started panning while
              the pano was loading, and it continued loading. Not very elegantly,
              since it would hesitate, then pan again, but it did finish loading.

              Mark

              www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

              www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

              --- In PanoToolsNG@ <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
              yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

              > Seems to be ok..
              >

              > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are
              panning.
              > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
              >

              > Sacha Griffin
              > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
              > www.southern-digital.com
              > www.seeit360.net
              > www.ezphotosafe.com
              > 404-551-4275
              > 404-731-7798

            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
                Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_06-b05)

                Actually it does continue I see, but about 100 times slower. Line by line

                IE and firefox.

                Sacha Griffin
                Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                www.southern-digital.com
                www.seeit360.net
                www.ezphotosafe.com
                404-551-4275
                404-731-7798

                _____

                That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari &
                Firefox...

                What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried
                restarting your
                browser?

                If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out
                what's going on.

                William

                "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                > Seems to be ok..
                >

                > One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
                > Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
                >

                > Sacha Griffin
                > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                > www.southern-digital.com
                > www.seeit360.net
                > www.ezphotosafe.com
                > 404-551-4275
                > 404-731-7798

              • William Donelson
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
                  Hmmm.... I have contacted Fulvio to ask him to have a look.

                  Could you all state:
                  PC or Mac
                  RAM
                  OS and version
                  Browser & version
                  Java version

                  So he can look for possible problems.

                  It might be the settings I used during preparation of the panos using Fulvio's tools...

                  Thanks.
                • William Donelson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
                    Fulvio says that there should be no problems, except on slow PCs.

                    Is anyone else having a problem?

                    http://www.explore-oman.net

                    Thanks

                    William

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

                    > Hmmm.... I have contacted Fulvio to ask him to have a look.
                    >
                    > Could you all state:
                    > PC or Mac
                    > RAM
                    > OS and version
                    > Browser & version
                    > Java version
                    >
                    > So he can look for possible problems.
                    >
                    > It might be the settings I used during preparation of the panos using Fulvio's tools...
                    >
                    > Thanks.

                  • William Donelson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1 12:39 AM
                      I've now tried this on PCs.

                      On Windows XP SP2 PCs with Java 1.5.0_10 -

                      Dowloading of the strips in panos does stop if the mouse is Held Down during panning
                      around the images.

                      This seems to happen in both Firefox and IE 7.0

                      If anyone sees different results, Please let me know.

                      Thanks
                      William

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "William Donelson" <wd@...> wrote:

                      > I had a bad bug in the Google AdSense code, but I'm not sure it's working on all
                      browsers
                      > right now.
                      >
                      > Could I ask you all to check out our Explore Oman website? Thanks.
                      >
                      > And if you could check to make sure the Large & Medium panos are working, that would
                      be
                      > great!
                      >
                      > Note: The Large Panos should be almost (but not completely) full-screen on most
                      monitors.

                      > Thanks
                      > William

                    • Fulvio Senore
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1 12:57 PM
                        The applet is working very well in my computer, with IE and Firefox.
                        Chances are that with slower computers java is not able to pan and
                        download at the same time.

                        Anyway, I believe that normal users (not pano addicted like us :-) )
                        will not keep panning while downloading the image. I noticed that users
                        do not pan very much: they usually look for something interesting then
                        they wait for the image to arrive.

                        Fulvio Senore

                        William Donelson ha scritto:
                        > Sacha
                        >
                        > That's strange. The download Does continue during panning on my Mac/Safari & Firefox...
                        >
                        > What Browser, PC/Mac, OS and Java versions are you using? Have you tried restarting your
                        > browser?
                        >
                        > If the problem continues, I'll contact Fulvio and see if he can figure out what's going on.
                        >
                        > William
                        >

                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >> Seems to be ok..
                        >>

                        >> One problem. PTViewer. It doesn't continue downloading if you are panning.
                        >> Which pretty much kills the whole idea of a preview track.
                        >>

                        >> Sacha Griffin
                        >> Southern Digital Solutions LLC
                        >> www.southern-digital.com
                        >> www.seeit360.net
                        >> www.ezphotosafe.com
                        >> 404-551-4275
                        >> 404-731-7798

                      • Sacha Griffin
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 1 1:35 PM
                          It maybe something to do with the java version installed.

                          Downloading was affected by merely a mousedown without panning.