Re: Fullscreen panoramas with Nikon FC-E9

  • conanthedestroya222
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
      Hi,

      It wasn't on your list but I have the CP 8400 (8mp) with the adapter
      and FC-E9 on the end. A fair amount of the panoramas I have on

      http://www.virtualkingston.ca/fullscreen.htm

      offer views in full screen. I'm personally not happy with them. I
      feel that there's not enough detail and look too soft to be of true
      full screen quality as seen elsewhere, even on a regular laptop
      screen.

      Most of the time, sharpening the 6000 X 3000 equirectangular image
      in Photoshop seems to make it look worse so settle for the softer
      look. The move seems to be towards larger monitors and I have a 20
      inch widescreen but my full screens look crap on it if the filesize
      is under 2mb. I haven't really seen any good quality fullscreens
      with the set up you were thinking of. 500 X 400 viewer is excellent
      though.

      Perhaps I'm starting to get too fussy about the quality but then you
      probably will when you see other peoples good work!

      It's all down to money but I'm going for the Nikon D80 with the
      Nikkor 10.5mm as that seems to be popular.

      Hope this helps

      Andrew