Re: first post

  • dmgalpha
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25 10:31 PM

      > BTW: You don't need a shift lens to shoot panoramas shited up or
      > down. All you need is a tiltable pano head. Panotools simulates a
      > shift lens geometrically correct. See
      > http://wiki.panotools.org/Perspective_correction for details.
      >
      > best regards
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > Resources, not only for panorama creation:
      > http://www.erik-krause.de/

      Erik makes an excellent point. Do you want to stitch images or just
      correct distortion?

      For stitching images do not shift the lens; it will make your life easier.

      Back to your latest question.

      To calibrate your lens at every shift distance you need to use a
      panoramic head and set the camera/lens to rotate at its nodal point.

      There is a very good tutorial at the PTgui web site, if I remember
      correctly.

      dmg