Shooting Panos with a Monopod

  • Justin Imhoff
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 15, 2007
      Hey guys,

      I was hoping some of you may be able to offer some tips or point me
      towards some information on shooting 360 panos with a monopod.

      Currently I own a Nodal Ninja 2 and a Canon 300D and intend to purchase
      a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens. How do I take all the shots using a
      monopod? Is it possible to take enough shots without changing the angle
      of the camera? For example, if I am taking a pano from an elevated
      height, will I need to bring the camera down and change the angle on
      the Nodal Ninja before elevating it again to take enough shots to
      complete the 360? If so how can this be done with accuracy?

      Your suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

      Justin Imhoff
    • Brian
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 27, 2007
        I bought one of these pole levellers from Manfrotto. It's designed to attach
        to their autopole system so is perfect for monopods. It's much smaller than
        the fence pole levellers I've seen, was really cheap and well made.

        http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2894?livid=1
        7
        <http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/pid/2894?livid=
        17&lsf=17&child=5> &lsf=17&child=5