kiosks, touchscreens and hotspots in QTVR (not too OT, I hope)

  • johnriley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      ***cross-posted from Apple QTVR list, since many of you are
      not
      on both***

      I have run into an unexpected problem. I am working on a
      project in which the client will be running a QTVR object
      movie
      on a kiosk. The weird thing is that they have to tap twice
      on
      hotspots to do what clicking once with a mouse will do.
      They
      are using Mozilla (not Firefox) and Open Kiosk. They
      mentioned
      the settings for the touch screen as being something about
      Elo.

      I thought they must have something set up wrong, so I tried
      it
      on the nearest equivalent I could, which is a Sympodium.
      It
      uses a stylus on a screen (not fingers). I was surprised
      when
      exactly the same thing happened there: I had to tap twice in
      small amount of time to make the hotspot fire!

      I am sure some of you have done kiosks and I wondered if any
      of
      you had hit the same problem and found a way around it. It
      is
      getting near our deadline and I hope someone can help.

      Thanks,

      John