Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Image stacks in CS3?

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 7, 2007
      On Wed, February 7, 2007 9:19 am, Joergen Geerds wrote:
      > hi bjørn, you are right, i can't get to the
      > layer:smart object:stack mode either, it's just greyed
      > out.
      >
      > one work around you can try is auto blend layers, this
      > also has the tendency to favor empty space. i just did
      > a quick test with a single shot and it failed
      > completely. in an older panorama
      > (http://newyorkpanorama.com/2006/12/16/wall-street-stock-exchange/)
      > it worked great. of course you can go the manual route
      > and delete the offending object in each layer, and
      > then auuto blend it. turns out perfect.

      In some cases, Auto Blend Layers may give similar results, but the actual
      technique is quite different and definitely won't do all of what Image
      Stacks do. ABL works by creating blending masks at transitions between
      images - it won't work, I don't think, for suppressing noise, and in fact
      probably won't work well in many cases for the motion removal I originally
      was interested in this for (like removing cars and people from a busy
      scene).

      > i posted this problem also in the adobe labs forum,
      > let's see what happens.

      From what I know, it's just a feature that didn't make the cut for the
      Public Beta, but will be in the final product.