Re: hugin 0.7 beta 4 released

  • Mahmood Hamidi
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
      Just wanted to inform that I just test ran enblend 3.0 on my Win 2000
      without any problems. (laptop w/ Intel Pentium M, 1.7GHz, 1G ram)
      Blended 7 tiff images (6+1), 62.5 MB each, it took 75 secs to blend.
      So it cannot be win2k that is the problem.

      Regards,
      /MH

      > On Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 23:49, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
      >
      > > Hugin 0.7 beta 4 has just been released.
      >
      > Thanks for this new release and especially the Straigh Line control
      > points ;-)
      >
      > > This release supports all new projections in libpano13. The
      > > windows package contains the latest panotools build as
      > > well as Enblend 3.0.
      >
      > Unfortunately enblend seems not to work on windows 2000 and/or AMD
      > Athlon 1.4 GHz processor. It crashes without notice. Only a windows
      > message says that it had to be closed. The DrWatson log suggests an
      > illegal instruction. I already mailed Andrew but he has no win2k
      > machine to test. Perhaps anyone of you have...
      >
      > best regards
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > Resources, not only for panorama creation:
      > http://www.erik-krause.de/

    • Krzysztof
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
        Thank you. I use and I like hugin very much.

        Just downloaded. After quick look I have some questions.

        In previous version in hugin directory I have seen two pano12.dll -
        2.8.4 and 2.8.0 (for PTStitcher). In win/system32 I have 2.8.0. In
        hugin > File > Preferences > Panotools tab I have seen info I have 2.8.4.
        In beta4 in hugin directory is not pano12. Still I have 2.8.0 in
        system32. Panotools tab says - Unknown version. Why? Is now pano12 not
        used?

        I loaded old project in beta4. They were normal and vertical points. I
        think pano is straight with good verticals. For curiosity I press
        Straighten in Panorama Preview. Now I see some verticals are not
        vertical. When can I press Straighten? Is this working (or should)
        only with new t3 points?

        At Stitcher tab in Panorama projection between Rectilinear and
        Equirectangular I see Panorama. Is this old good Cylindrical
        projection? If yes - why you have changed this name?

        One suggestion about pointer in Control Points tab.
        In old version it was nice thin black crosshair. With Alt it changed
        to big white arrow.
        From 0.6 (I think) crosshair is black and white and thick. I don`t
        like it - it is too thick.
        Could you think about this solution:
        old thin black crosshair changed with Alt to thin white crosshair (no
        arrow)?

        And one question more.
        Is this possible to use some new interpolators? Especially I think
        about Lanczos.

        Thank you again for hugin.

        ---
        Regards,
        Krzysztof
      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
          On Mon 05-Feb-2007 at 15:06 -0000, Krzysztof wrote:

          > In beta4 in hugin directory is not pano12. Still I have 2.8.0 in
          > system32. Panotools tab says - Unknown version. Why? Is now pano12 not
          > used?

          Hugin can be linked against either pano12 or the newer pano13. I
          think that the windows version of hugin you downloaded is statically
          linked against pano13, so you won't see the library as a separate
          file.

          > I loaded old project in beta4. They were normal and vertical points. I
          > think pano is straight with good verticals. For curiosity I press
          > Straighten in Panorama Preview. Now I see some verticals are not
          > vertical.

          The straighten button tries to reduce both the pitch and roll of all
          the photos at the same time. Usually this gives very good results,
          but not as good as when setting vertical control points.

          > When can I press Straighten? Is this working (or should)
          > only with new t3 points?

          The t3+ points are for aligning straight lines in the output
          panorama, there are some notes here:

          http://wiki.panotools.org/Straight_line_control_points

          --
          Bruno
        • Nicolas Burtey
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
            Hi,

            It's great, thank you!!

            I think there is a mistake : It's not "Lambert Equi-Area Conical" but
            "Lambert Cylindrical Equal-Area"

            Best Regards,
            Nicolas Burtey.
          • Nicolas Burtey
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
              Hi again

              The fisheye (in the stitcher section) is limited to 179°.

              I don't know if this is for patent, but if it's not, it should be a
              good idea if this parameter is not reduce only to 360°.

              Best regards,
              Nicolas.
            • Pablo dAngelo
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
                Mahmood Hamidi schrieb:
                > Just wanted to inform that I just test ran enblend 3.0 on my Win 2000
                > without any problems. (laptop w/ Intel Pentium M, 1.7GHz, 1G ram)
                > Blended 7 tiff images (6+1), 62.5 MB each, it took 75 secs to blend.
                > So it cannot be win2k that is the problem.

                The enblend 3.0 binary for windows requires SSE2 support. This is why
                it doesn't work on Athlon XP and older processors. I guess we have to
                wait until Andrew provides a version that is compiled without SSE2
                support.

                ciao
                Pablo
              • Pablo dAngelo
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
                  Krzysztof schrieb:
                  > Thank you. I use and I like hugin very much.
                  >
                  > At Stitcher tab in Panorama projection between Rectilinear and
                  > Equirectangular I see Panorama. Is this old good Cylindrical
                  > projection? If yes - why you have changed this name?

                  Yes, its the cylindrical projection.
                  This version uses the names as given by panotools. I will change
                  that name back to Cylindrical in the next version.

                  > And one question more.
                  > Is this possible to use some new interpolators? Especially I think
                  > about Lanczos.

                  The sinc interpolators use the same formula as lanczos. However if you
                  refer to the antialiased interpolators, they are currently not supported
                  by nona.

                  ciao
                  Pablo