Re: HDR with moving subjects.

  • udedomenico
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4 6:06 AM
      Sacha,

      Could you explain in details the mechanism you have used?

      I find it extremely interesting because I am interested in shooting
      pics in a moving enviroment...

      How did you blurred mask and which criteria did you use to curve it?

      Thanks

      U.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
      <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      > Thanks. This is exactly how it was done, but I just used photoshop.
      >
      > I only need to tweak the masking slightly, manually. The mask was
      blurred
      > and then curved to remove any gradiation, and then blurred again
      slightly.
      > By doing this on the mask with an adjustment, I could tell exactly
      what
      > settings started to create a bad or good one.
      >
      > Overall it was quite fast except that the beta photoshop crashed on
      me about
      > 4 times.
      >

      > I dont see the focus as a problem. Everything up close is sharp.
      Only in the
      > distance is a very natural drop in sharpness. Not annoying at all.
      >
      > I have tried the new Photomatix "ghost removal" (there are two
      settings,
      > labeled: "normal" and "zealous") but got some huge blotchy
      artifacts. In
      > FDRTools one uses "Separation" to remove ghosts. It works
      interactively so
      > you have a instant feedback of what you are changing. FDRTools has
      been most
      > effective for me in removing ghosts. With the "separation" method of
      > assembling the HDR, you may force the inclusion of some areas that
      are too
      > noisy (too dark) or too light, so I often have to make two
      HDRs/tonemapped