Re: [PanoToolsNG] Need help for 360 video Stabilization system

  • alex@kinoline.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hi,
      there are well-tested Steadicam system that should be
      adaptable to some degree, but you need a really good
      camera operator to get you the really good shots. If you
      havent worked with a steady-cam system before, you will
      need quite some time to get the result you want. Every
      movement you make will somehow have to be compensated by
      yourself, otherwise it will, sooner or later, show in the
      picture. If you move up a hill in you mountain trekking
      tour, the camera will go up with you (with a little delay)
      and will continue to move upwards on the arm of the
      Steadicam when you come to a flat terrain. So you have to
      know how to "counter-move". For your 90 degree tilt, I
      would try to fix the camera on a kind of free-swinging
      mount (like microphones) and make the bottom really heavy
      so minor movement is counteracted by gravity. For the
      SteadiCam, I would rent one and try it out, but I am
      afraid you will run into a couple of problems along the
      way.

      cheers,
      Alex

      PS: regarding figure 2, you cannot tilt your head 90
      degrees upwards to check the display, if you can, send me
      a photo. You can if you also bend back your vertebrae and
      will therefore move the camera.

      Am Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:33:18 +0100┬░Nschrieb "Giorgio
      Marchetto" <giorgio.marchetto@...>