Need help for 360 video Stabilization system

  • Giorgio Marchetto
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hello panofriends

      I'm having my first tests with 360 video.
      I use a HDV camcorder and a one-shot lens, tilted vertically.
      I am looking how to modify/create a stabilization system for this equipment.

      See here my request and raw ideas:
      http://www.giorgiomarchetto.com/test/360video

      If you have experiences about, or you can help me with ideas, and suggest
      good products, thanks in advance
      My budget is 500euros(650USD), so complex system like gyro stabilizer are
      out.

      Giorgio Marchetto
    • Luca Vascon
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
        :-D
        Working in same direction... but no mirror!!!
        ;-)
        I'll tell you on monday if my stabilized system worked.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
          Hi,
          there are well-tested Steadicam system that should be
          adaptable to some degree, but you need a really good
          camera operator to get you the really good shots. If you
          havent worked with a steady-cam system before, you will
          need quite some time to get the result you want. Every
          movement you make will somehow have to be compensated by
          yourself, otherwise it will, sooner or later, show in the
          picture. If you move up a hill in you mountain trekking
          tour, the camera will go up with you (with a little delay)
          and will continue to move upwards on the arm of the
          Steadicam when you come to a flat terrain. So you have to
          know how to "counter-move". For your 90 degree tilt, I
          would try to fix the camera on a kind of free-swinging
          mount (like microphones) and make the bottom really heavy
          so minor movement is counteracted by gravity. For the
          SteadiCam, I would rent one and try it out, but I am
          afraid you will run into a couple of problems along the
          way.

          cheers,
          Alex

          PS: regarding figure 2, you cannot tilt your head 90
          degrees upwards to check the display, if you can, send me
          a photo. You can if you also bend back your vertebrae and
          will therefore move the camera.

          Am Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:33:18 +0100┬░Nschrieb "Giorgio
          Marchetto" <giorgio.marchetto@...>