Re: hfov for sigma 8mm and nikon d70s

  • dmgalpha
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007

      > What Im thinking of here is trying to get a reasonable stitch
      > without setting control points. And for that I would need
      > the 'industry' 'hfov' specification that would be the same for every
      > stitch, but it doesnt seem to be available anywhere
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > Masten

      if you really want to make your stitches as automatic as possible then
      you need to calibrate your lens/camera.

      One of the main reasons to do this is to find how much displacement
      your sensor has from the optical centre of the lens. This is
      camera/lens dependent.

      Once you have found your calibration parameters make sure you always
      load your photos in the same orientation with respect to the sensor.

      dmg
      http://turingmachine.org