RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rectalinear Insertion Calculator.

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
      I assume you are referring to seam retouching. I am referring to retouching
      anywhere.

      It's quite impossible or at least very time consuming to retouch tiles,
      bricks, lattices etc on a remapped equirectangular image.

      Anyway, the correct panotools/ptgui/ptmac method is spelled out quite
      clearly in the wiki and is much faster & simpler.

      Thanks Erik.

      Sacha Griffin
      Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      _____

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
        Hi Fulvio,
        Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but otherwise a feature request from me
        would be for a switch to allow you to start up FSPViewer from the
        commandline straight into the seamless fullscreen view and optionally have
        hotspots visible as well.

        Other than that it has been a *great* offline viewer!
        Thanks,

        Darren.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2007
          Hi Darren,

          somebody else has already asked for the first feature: I will see if I
          can add it.

          It is already possible to open a panorama with hotspots enabled with a
          command line switch.

          Fulvio Senore

          PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... ha scritto:
          > Hi Fulvio,
          > Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but otherwise a feature request from me
          > would be for a switch to allow you to start up FSPViewer from the
          > commandline straight into the seamless fullscreen view and optionally have
          > hotspots visible as well.
          >
          > Other than that it has been a *great* offline viewer!
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Darren.

        • Bruno Postle
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2007
            On Fri 02-Feb-2007 at 18:08 +0100, Fulvio Senore wrote:

            > > Fulvio, is it possible to a feature to FSPViewer so it can replace
            > > PTEditor. Copy the current view using hi quality transform. Remember
            > > that position of extraction and insert and image back in.

            > Yes, it would be possible, but it would require a lot of work. At the
            > moment FSPViewer can only read images: with this features it would need
            > to write them too.

            Surely all it needs to be able to do is pass the current filename,
            roll, pitch, yaw and fov to an external script.

            This script can then manage extracting the image, passing it to an
            editor and reinserting it into the panorama. All the viewer then
            needs to do is reload.

            --
            Bruno