RE: [PanoToolsNG] Rectalinear Insertion Calculator.

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
      I apologize again. You do enter in the same ypr in the numerical transform
      as the extracted views ypr.

      It just seemed a little strange it should work out like that.

      Sacha Griffin
      Southern Digital Solutions LLC
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      _____

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
        Jim Watters ha scritto:
        > Sacha Griffin wrote:
        >
        >> The ypr for the original position of rectilinear views extracted is not the
        >> same for the equirectalinear view.
        >>
        >> Is there a calculator somewhere to figure these out?
        >>
        >> In English.
        >> 1. Load your panorama
        >> 2. output a rectalinear file, say 100 fov Yaw 187.523 Pitch 12.4 roll 0.5
        >> 3. Do some retouching.
        >> 4. Load your rectilinear file back in panorama tools, and try to position it
        >> back to where it came from.
        >> 5. Output a panorama layer.
        >>
        >> How do you do this without control points?
        >>

        > Plenty of this is covered in the Wiki
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/Extracting_and_inserting_rectilinear_Views
        >
        > PTEditor is a panorama viewer that will export and insert what is being
        > viewed.
        > If you know the ypr you want to work with then use the Photoshop plugins
        > You can use FSPViewer to get the ypr of what you interested in.
        > http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm
        >
        > Fulvio, is it possible to a feature to FSPViewer so it can replace
        > PTEditor. Copy the current view using hi quality transform. Remember
        > that position of extraction and insert and image back in.

        Yes, it would be possible, but it would require a lot of work. At the
        moment FSPViewer can only read images: with this features it would need
        to write them too.

        Fulvio Senore
      • dmgalpha
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...>
          wrote:

          > The ypr for the original position of rectilinear views extracted is
          not the
          > same for the equirectalinear view.
          >
          > Is there a calculator somewhere to figure these out?
          >
          > In English.
          > 1. Load your panorama
          > 2. output a rectalinear file, say 100 fov Yaw 187.523 Pitch 12.4
          roll 0.5

          Why rectilinear? Why don't you output equirectangular?

          I would:

          * Create an equirectangular of section needed
          * Manipulate
          * Shift back to its original location (with the proper offsets, this
          might require some simple arithmetic calculations). It can be done
          with a tiffset (and it you want to avoid using PTblender in next step,
          then PTuncrop).
          * Merge (via PTblender, or Photoshop).

          No remapping is required.

          dmg
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
            I assume you are referring to seam retouching. I am referring to retouching
            anywhere.

            It's quite impossible or at least very time consuming to retouch tiles,
            bricks, lattices etc on a remapped equirectangular image.

            Anyway, the correct panotools/ptgui/ptmac method is spelled out quite
            clearly in the wiki and is much faster & simpler.

            Thanks Erik.

          • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
              Hi Fulvio,
              Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but otherwise a feature request from me
              would be for a switch to allow you to start up FSPViewer from the
              commandline straight into the seamless fullscreen view and optionally have
              hotspots visible as well.

              Other than that it has been a *great* offline viewer!
              Thanks,

              Darren.

              )>> The ypr for the original position of rectilinear views extracted is
              )>
              )> Fulvio, is it possible to a feature to FSPViewer so it can replace
              )> PTEditor. Copy the current view using hi quality transform. Remember
              )> that position of extraction and insert and image back in.
              )>
              )>
              )Yes, it would be possible, but it would require a lot of work.
              )At the moment FSPViewer can only read images: with this
              )features it would need to write them too.
              )
              )Fulvio Senore
              )

              23:39
            • Fulvio Senore
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2007
                Hi Darren,

                somebody else has already asked for the first feature: I will see if I
                can add it.

                It is already possible to open a panorama with hotspots enabled with a
                command line switch.

                Fulvio Senore

                PanoToolsNG.10.m8@... ha scritto:
                > Hi Fulvio,
                > Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but otherwise a feature request from me
                > would be for a switch to allow you to start up FSPViewer from the
                > commandline straight into the seamless fullscreen view and optionally have
                > hotspots visible as well.
                >
                > Other than that it has been a *great* offline viewer!
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Darren.

              • Bruno Postle
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2007
                  On Fri 02-Feb-2007 at 18:08 +0100, Fulvio Senore wrote:

                  > > Fulvio, is it possible to a feature to FSPViewer so it can replace
                  > > PTEditor. Copy the current view using hi quality transform. Remember
                  > > that position of extraction and insert and image back in.

                  > Yes, it would be possible, but it would require a lot of work. At the
                  > moment FSPViewer can only read images: with this features it would need
                  > to write them too.

                  Surely all it needs to be able to do is pass the current filename,
                  roll, pitch, yaw and fov to an external script.

                  This script can then manage extracting the image, passing it to an
                  editor and reinserting it into the panorama. All the viewer then
                  needs to do is reload.

                  --
                  Bruno