Re: [PanoToolsNG] Another "my first" pole pano

  • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
      Pat Swovelin-2 wrote:

      > That puts it into context. Thanks. Are you one of the people inside?

      Sure I am :-)
      And I made one more pano inside yesterday afternoon, testing 5D/10.5 combo's
      ability to shoot close-to-the-subject images. 3 around seems to be enough
      for this kind of work. The resulting pano is right there at
      http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

      >> Actually I have worked in this fort for a few years and this is the view
      >> from a balcony outside my room.
      >
      > What do you mean "worked?" Are you a prisoner in the dungeon or what?
      > Do you want me to send you a hacksaw so you can escape? =8^)

      Thanks but now I can use my new pole and either slide down from my balcony
      fireman-style or make a pole-vault straight to the mound :-)

      Part of the fort has been for 15+ years adapted by the RMF FM radio station,
      the biggest commercial one in Poland, and it's them that make me able to
      afford my pano hobby.
      And part of the dungeons were converted to a recording studio :-)

      > With respect to the number of images you shoot around (3 or 4) the
      > sharpness isn't a factor of how many shots you used per se, rather it's
      > a factor of the body/lens combination you used.

      Right.... unless the seam area comes from the lesser-quality area of both
      images. Sharpness might suffer then.

      zbooy

    • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
        Juergen Schrader wrote:

        > Good Work, Szymon.
        > (I've already been waiting for somone doing this in Poleland *g*).

        *LOL*
        Thanks, Juergen, but I have way to go yet to be able to make such stunning
        images as your zeppelin one.

        > I also enjoyed the ones from the Tatry. A place I always wanted to visit.
        > Maybe next summer ...

        Contact me if you do, we might meet there for a bit of pano shooting, beer
        drinking or whatever :-)

        zbooy

      • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
          > What size were the cube faces of your QTVR version? The image looks
          > nice and sharp, some softness at the blends due to CA but it's not
          > too bad.

          AFAIR, the equirect was 6600x3300 px and the cube face size was ~1650 px
          square.

          The CA effects are most apparent in the nadir region as it's the area made
          entirely of image circle peripherals.

          zbooy

        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2007
            On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:44:28 +0900, <PanoToolsNG.10.m8@...>
            wrote:

> [...]

            Ah, that may be the trick I should use. For a time I was telling the world
            that Opera was Microsoft IE, but that didn't help very much, so I kind of
            gave up on that feature. What do YOU pretend it to be?

            Roger

            --
            Work: www.adex-japan.com
            Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 5, 2007
              Here's another panorama I made yesterday:
              http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/pan/bielany-wejscie-maszt/e
              Nothing special as the lighting was rather poor. This time I made 4 shots
              around though and was looking up at the camera to minimize parallax. I also
              used enblend 3.0 and only had to do a little nadir patching, the rest was
              just fine straight out of PTGui.

              zbooy