RE: [PanoToolsNG] Another "my first" pole pano

  • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
      )-----Original Message-----
      )From: Roger D. Williams
      )
      )On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:20:26 +0900, Pat Swovelin
      )wrote:
      )
      )> PanoToolsNG.10.m8@s...> wrote:
      )>> No problems here either.
      )>> Some day I'm going to have to try out Opera's mail offering.
      )>
      )> Check out Thunderbird.
      )
      )No, I am afraid I am addicted to Opera's mail client. The
      )browser is almost not worth the trouble and I frequently have
      )to use Firefox, but it's the mail client that chains me to it.
      )There is nothing else as good. For me, anyway...
      )
      )Roger

      That's funny.
      I nearly use Opera exclusively for browsing.
      (unfortunately, I'm often forced to get Opera to pretend I'm using a
      different browser so those websites will serve me the information that I
      want to view.)

      Darren.

      17:02
    • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
        Pat Swovelin-2 wrote:

        > That puts it into context. Thanks. Are you one of the people inside?

        Sure I am :-)
        And I made one more pano inside yesterday afternoon, testing 5D/10.5 combo's
        ability to shoot close-to-the-subject images. 3 around seems to be enough
        for this kind of work. The resulting pano is right there at
        http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

        >> Actually I have worked in this fort for a few years and this is the view
        >> from a balcony outside my room.
        >
        > What do you mean "worked?" Are you a prisoner in the dungeon or what?
        > Do you want me to send you a hacksaw so you can escape? =8^)

        Thanks but now I can use my new pole and either slide down from my balcony
        fireman-style or make a pole-vault straight to the mound :-)

        Part of the fort has been for 15+ years adapted by the RMF FM radio station,
        the biggest commercial one in Poland, and it's them that make me able to
        afford my pano hobby.
        And part of the dungeons were converted to a recording studio :-)

        > With respect to the number of images you shoot around (3 or 4) the
        > sharpness isn't a factor of how many shots you used per se, rather it's
        > a factor of the body/lens combination you used.

        Right.... unless the seam area comes from the lesser-quality area of both
        images. Sharpness might suffer then.

        zbooy

      • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
          Juergen Schrader wrote:

          > Good Work, Szymon.
          > (I've already been waiting for somone doing this in Poleland *g*).

          *LOL*
          Thanks, Juergen, but I have way to go yet to be able to make such stunning
          images as your zeppelin one.

          > I also enjoyed the ones from the Tatry. A place I always wanted to visit.
          > Maybe next summer ...

          Contact me if you do, we might meet there for a bit of pano shooting, beer
          drinking or whatever :-)

          zbooy

        • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 2, 2007
            > What size were the cube faces of your QTVR version? The image looks
            > nice and sharp, some softness at the blends due to CA but it's not
            > too bad.

            AFAIR, the equirect was 6600x3300 px and the cube face size was ~1650 px
            square.

            The CA effects are most apparent in the nadir region as it's the area made
            entirely of image circle peripherals.

            zbooy

          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2007
              On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:44:28 +0900, <PanoToolsNG.10.m8@...>
              wrote:

> [...]

              Ah, that may be the trick I should use. For a time I was telling the world
              that Opera was Microsoft IE, but that didn't help very much, so I kind of
              gave up on that feature. What do YOU pretend it to be?

              Roger

              --
              Work: www.adex-japan.com
              Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 5, 2007
                Here's another panorama I made yesterday:
                http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/pan/bielany-wejscie-maszt/e
                Nothing special as the lighting was rather poor. This time I made 4 shots
                around though and was looking up at the camera to minimize parallax. I also
                used enblend 3.0 and only had to do a little nadir patching, the rest was
                just fine straight out of PTGui.

                zbooy