HDR For Dummies - Contrast adjustment actions

  • Bruce Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Jook,

      The questions Pat asked below were exactly what I was wondering.
      Are you referring to adjusting the opactiy of the contrast layer after
      the main HDR for Dummies2 action, or of the other two actions included
      with it?

      Bruce

      Posted by: "Pat Swovelin" Panoramas@...
      <mailto:Panoramas@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20HDR%20for%20dummies%20->
      nthriwz <http://profiles.yahoo.com/nthriwz>

      Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:43 pm (PST)

      jook360 wrote:
      > As a quick "works all the time" adjustment, bring the opacity of that
      > layer down to 33%.

      In HDR_for_Dummies2 there are 2 opacity changes and you're referring to
      the 2nd one, right?

      > Full strength is best only for dark, low key scenes that need
      > brightening without increasing contrast.

      When you talk about "full strength" you mean the 75% opacity of the 2nd
      opacity change, or do I have an old copy of HDR_for_Dummies2?

      > Best,
      > Jook

    • Jook Leung
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        I was referring to the Brighten Shadows actions at 33% as one of my
        last steps.

        Jook

        On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Bruce Anderson wrote:

        > Jook,
        >
        > The questions Pat asked below were exactly what I was wondering.
        > Are you referring to adjusting the opactiy of the contrast layer after
        > the main HDR for Dummies2 action, or of the other two actions included
        > with it?
        >
        > Bruce
        >
        > Posted by: "Pat Swovelin" Panoramas@...
        > <mailto:Panoramas@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20HDR%20for%
        > 20dummies%20->
        > nthriwz <http://profiles.yahoo.com/nthriwz>
        >
        > Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:43 pm (PST)
        >
        > jook360 wrote:
        > > As a quick "works all the time" adjustment, bring the opacity of
        > that
        > > layer down to 33%.
        >
        > In HDR_for_Dummies2 there are 2 opacity changes and you're
        > referring to
        > the 2nd one, right?
        >
        > > Full strength is best only for dark, low key scenes that need
        > > brightening without increasing contrast.
        >
        > When you talk about "full strength" you mean the 75% opacity of the
        > 2nd
        > opacity change, or do I have an old copy of HDR_for_Dummies2?
        >
        > > Best,
        > > Jook

        Jook Leung Photography
        360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
        Web: http://360vr.com
        E-mail: jook@...
        Mobile: 201 679 6177

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          Jook Leung wrote:
          > I was referring to the Brighten Shadows actions at 33% as one of my
          > last steps.

          I don't see anything like that in the action. This is what I have in my
          copy of HDR2, is it correct?

          http://lookineverydirection.com/temp/hdr-screen-grab.jpg

          > Jook
          >

          > On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Bruce Anderson wrote:
          >
          >> Jook,
          >>
          >> The questions Pat asked below were exactly what I was wondering.
          >> Are you referring to adjusting the opactiy of the contrast layer after
          >> the main HDR for Dummies2 action, or of the other two actions included
          >> with it?
          >>
          >> Bruce
          >>
          >> Posted by: "Pat Swovelin" Panoramas@...
          >> <mailto:Panoramas@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20HDR%20for%
          >> 20dummies%20->
          >> nthriwz <http://profiles.yahoo.com/nthriwz>
          >>
          >> Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:43 pm (PST)
          >>
          >> jook360 wrote:
          >>> As a quick "works all the time" adjustment, bring the opacity of
          >> that
          >>> layer down to 33%.
          >> In HDR_for_Dummies2 there are 2 opacity changes and you're
          >> referring to
          >> the 2nd one, right?
          >>
          >>> Full strength is best only for dark, low key scenes that need
          >>> brightening without increasing contrast.
          >> When you talk about "full strength" you mean the 75% opacity of the
          >> 2nd
          >> opacity change, or do I have an old copy of HDR_for_Dummies2?
          >>
          >>> Best,
          >>> Jook
          >>>

          > Jook Leung Photography
          > 360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
          > Web: http://360vr.com
          > E-mail: jook@...
          > Mobile: 201 679 6177

          Pat Swovelin