Important Verein announcement from your Moderators

  • Mark Fink
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 12:41 PM
      Hello everyone,

      As some of you may be aware, there was a lot of work done last year
      on creating an entity to manage and serve the PanoToolsNG list.
      After our prior experiences, the members of the -List, (political
      group dedicated to working out the behind the scenes details of
      organizing our group), felt that it would be prudent to create an
      entity known as a Verein
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Verein). We chose this type of
      organization because it was the least cumbersome to set up. Still,
      it required much input and work from the many people on the -List to
      bring about a cohesive document describing how this Verein would be
      structured to meet our needs. You can find that document here -
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Panotools_Bylaws.

      Basically, joining the Verein is entirely optional. You don't need
      to join it in order to be a member of the NG list. If you are
      interested in the direction of the NG list and voting for future
      officers, then you will need to join the Verein. This can be
      accomplished by simply joining this Yahoo group -
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools_GA/. That's it!

      Currently there are ten members, so officially, the Verein exists
      already. We would like to invite all of you to join it as well. This
      won't be a high volume list with dozens of messages each day. There
      will likely be a few posts over the course of a year, with more
      activity as the date for voting for new officers approaches.

      If you don't join the Verein, nothing will change as far as your
      access or standing within the PanoToolsNG list. This is simply a way
      to make sure that ownership and leadership of our list is directed
      by a representative group of people and not falling on the shoulders
      of just one person.

      If you have questions regarding this, please join the
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List group and post
      your questions there so as not to clutter the NG list with OT
      threads.

      Thanks, and we are looking forward to seeing you on the PanoTools_GA
      list!

      Sincerely,

      The Moderators
    • Klaus Hilsenbeck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 4:29 PM
        Mark,
        there's something wrong with the link to panotools_bylaws.
        (point at the end)
        Correct link is:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Panotools_Bylaws

        Klaus

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >

        > ......entity known as a Verein
        > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Verein). We chose this type of
        > organization because it was the least cumbersome to set up. Still,
        > it required much input and work from the many people on the -List to
        > bring about a cohesive document describing how this Verein would be
        > structured to meet our needs. You can find that document here -
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/Panotools_Bylaws.
        >
        > Basically, joining the Verein is entirely optional. You don't need
        > to join it in order to be a member of the NG list. If you are
        > interested in the direction of the NG list and voting for future
        > officers, then you will need to join the Verein. This can be
        > accomplished by simply joining this Yahoo group -
        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools_GA/. That's it!

      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2 10:27 AM
          Klaus,

          Thanks for checking that, although when I click on the link from my original
          message, it works fine. Maybe it's a difference in the email clients? Still,
          I need to remember to keep punctuation away from the end of URL's since this
          has happened in the past.

          Thanks again,

          Mark
          www.pinnacle-vr.com