Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Good QTVR compresion ratio and pano size settings for 56 K modem visitors

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
      Honestly, I don't make a size particularly for modem users. Plus, it
      is fairly subjective what parameters you push which way. You can
      play with face size and compression; face size has the biggest impact
      and I usually just adjust the size of the faces until I get the size
      in MB I am targeting. If you have a movie you want to check for
      download time, I would be happy to give it a run through deliVRator
      for you 8-)

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

    • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
        ...umm...

        PTViewer can do that too, can't it?
        Using ptv or ptvref files allows the tiles immediately in front of the
        viewer to load first, regardless of where you set the initial view and also
        dynamically changes if you shift your view before the entire pano is loaded.

        Question regarding qtvr: Can one change the initial view of the qtvr and
        have the facing tiles load first without having to repack the qtvr?

        Cheers,
        Darren.