Re: It's all gone

  • kahasdt
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "kahasdt" <karl-heinz.schuldt@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Some of you may remember me taking this panorama last summer
      > > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen2.html
      > >
      > > That panorama is now an historical document.
      > > The cliff I am standing on here
      > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/360hangover.jpg is gone.
      > >
      > > This weekend a landslide, largest in 50 years, destroyed this very
      > special landmark.
      > >
      > > The whole cliff is now lying 300 meters out in the sea.
      > > http://politiken.dk/indland/article235229.ece
      > >
      > > Hans
      > >

      > Hello Hans,
      >
      > your panoramas are great! The places you choosed, the quality of the
      > panoramas, the compession and also the way they are loading - simply
      > GREAT!
      >
      > But I think you know that ;-)
      >
      > I'm doing panoramas for some day now, but never reached this quality.
      > Would you share some information about your setup, processing and how
      > you are doing panoramas 2 meters in front of a cliff?
      >
      > I think I have to find the places by myself :-(
      >
      > Greetings, KH

      Hi there,

      o.k. o.k.

      I was so impressed by the panoram that I overlooked the jpg.
      I thought Hans is a fan of handheld panoramas ;-))

      Anyhow - after reading a little bit on Hans pages I'm still
      interessted in his workflow.

      Greetings, KH
    • udedomenico
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 4, 2007
        Hans,

        I know you have already posted some information on the techinque you
        used to wonderfully shot these pics.
        See:

        However I would like to know:

        1] How did you make it rotate on the axis>?
        in the post you say:

        "...Rotation just by using a string around the vertical pole. (weight
        a couple of gr)..."

        Thinking about it, I cannot figure out how, pulling a string you
        managed to rotate the vertical pole, withouth having a sort of tie up
        with the rotator (like keeping your hands on the rotator ...)

        It's kind of against the lever laws... is it not?

        what am I missing from your description?

        2] How did you manage to remove the equipment from the pano? Just
        photoshop retouching or you also used another pic taken from another
        position and only then retouched?

        Thanks
        Umbi
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 4, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udedomenico" <umberto_dedomenico@...>
          wrote:
          > I know you have already posted some information on the techinque you
          > used to wonderfully shot these pics.
          > See:
          >
          > However I would like to know:
          >
          > 1] How did you make it rotate on the axis>?
          > in the post you say:
          >
          > "...Rotation just by using a string around the vertical pole. (weight
          > a couple of gr)..."

          This image should say it all.
          http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/hanging-pole.jpg
          Here is another image of the pole made at my tests
          http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/horisontal-pole.jpg

          Pulling the string rotates the hanging pole very easy as long as you make sure it hangs
          vertical. As you can see the flag pole has to be pointed a little up as it bends because of
          the weight.
          Also the extension cable for the remote hade to be turned around CCW to be able to make
          at least 3 turns. If I had a wireless remote I could easy make 10 360 degree turns

          > 2] How did you manage to remove the equipment from the pano? Just
          > photoshop retouching or you also used another pic taken from another
          > position and only then retouched?

          Different depending on the place.
          In several I could hide behind a bush so it was just a few places I needed retouch.

          In this one i had to take the pole in an move the tripods, than move it out again an take
          an extra back image.
          http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen5.html

          3 of them was made at -20 which covered also the nadir in 6 images.
          The sky was taken from the edge and needed a lot of extra photoshop work.

          This one was made with the shaved Nikkor 10,5 instead of the 15mm because the trees
          was hanging over the edge and I had to get 180 degree vertical.
          http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen4.html

          Hans
        • udedomenico
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 5, 2007