Re: It's all gone

  • dalileis
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
      Couldn't agree more. There are good panos and there are beautiful
      panos and there are stunning panos even. And then there are Hans
      panos. Soul panos, I call them. Almost spiritual. QTVR evangelism,
      that is.

      Regards,

      Dalileis

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "kahasdt" <karl-heinz.schuldt@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Some of you may remember me taking this panorama last summer
      > > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen2.html
      > >
      > > That panorama is now an historical document.
      > > The cliff I am standing on here
      > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/360hangover.jpg is gone.
      > >
      > > This weekend a landslide, largest in 50 years, destroyed this very
      > special landmark.
      > >
      > > The whole cliff is now lying 300 meters out in the sea.
      > > http://politiken.dk/indland/article235229.ece
      > >
      > > Hans
      > >

      > Hello Hans,
      >
      > your panoramas are great! The places you choosed, the quality of the
      > panoramas, the compession and also the way they are loading - simply
      > GREAT!
      >
      > But I think you know that ;-)
      >
      > I'm doing panoramas for some day now, but never reached this quality.
      > Would you share some information about your setup, processing and how
      > you are doing panoramas 2 meters in front of a cliff?
      >
      > I think I have to find the places by myself :-(
      >
      > Greetings, KH

    • kahasdt
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
        wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Some of you may remember me taking this panorama last summer
        > > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen2.html
        > >
        > > That panorama is now an historical document.
        > > The cliff I am standing on here
        > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/360hangover.jpg is gone.
        > >
        > > This weekend a landslide, largest in 50 years, destroyed this very
        > special landmark.
        > >
        > > The whole cliff is now lying 300 meters out in the sea.
        > > http://politiken.dk/indland/article235229.ece
        > >
        > > Hans
        > >

        > Hello Hans,
        >
        > your panoramas are great! The places you choosed, the quality of the
        > panoramas, the compession and also the way they are loading - simply
        > GREAT!
        >
        > But I think you know that ;-)
        >
        > I'm doing panoramas for some day now, but never reached this quality.
        > Would you share some information about your setup, processing and how
        > you are doing panoramas 2 meters in front of a cliff?
        >
        > I think I have to find the places by myself :-(
        >
        > Greetings, KH

        Hi there,

        o.k. o.k.

        I was so impressed by the panoram that I overlooked the jpg.
        I thought Hans is a fan of handheld panoramas ;-))

        Anyhow - after reading a little bit on Hans pages I'm still
        interessted in his workflow.

        Greetings, KH
      • udedomenico
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 4, 2007
          Hans,

          I know you have already posted some information on the techinque you
          used to wonderfully shot these pics.
          See:

          However I would like to know:

          1] How did you make it rotate on the axis>?
          in the post you say:

          "...Rotation just by using a string around the vertical pole. (weight
          a couple of gr)..."

          Thinking about it, I cannot figure out how, pulling a string you
          managed to rotate the vertical pole, withouth having a sort of tie up
          with the rotator (like keeping your hands on the rotator ...)

          It's kind of against the lever laws... is it not?

          what am I missing from your description?

          2] How did you manage to remove the equipment from the pano? Just
          photoshop retouching or you also used another pic taken from another
          position and only then retouched?

          Thanks
          Umbi
        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udedomenico" <umberto_dedomenico@...>
            wrote:
            > I know you have already posted some information on the techinque you
            > used to wonderfully shot these pics.
            > See:
            >
            > However I would like to know:
            >
            > 1] How did you make it rotate on the axis>?
            > in the post you say:
            >
            > "...Rotation just by using a string around the vertical pole. (weight
            > a couple of gr)..."

            This image should say it all.
            http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/hanging-pole.jpg
            Here is another image of the pole made at my tests
            http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/horisontal-pole.jpg

            Pulling the string rotates the hanging pole very easy as long as you make sure it hangs
            vertical. As you can see the flag pole has to be pointed a little up as it bends because of
            the weight.
            Also the extension cable for the remote hade to be turned around CCW to be able to make
            at least 3 turns. If I had a wireless remote I could easy make 10 360 degree turns

            > 2] How did you manage to remove the equipment from the pano? Just
            > photoshop retouching or you also used another pic taken from another
            > position and only then retouched?

            Different depending on the place.
            In several I could hide behind a bush so it was just a few places I needed retouch.

            In this one i had to take the pole in an move the tripods, than move it out again an take
            an extra back image.
            http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen5.html

            3 of them was made at -20 which covered also the nadir in 6 images.
            The sky was taken from the edge and needed a lot of extra photoshop work.

            This one was made with the shaved Nikkor 10,5 instead of the 15mm because the trees
            was hanging over the edge and I had to get 180 degree vertical.
            http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen4.html

            Hans
          • udedomenico
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 5, 2007