Re: It's all gone

  • kahasdt
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2007

      http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/360hangover.jpg is gone.

      > This weekend a landslide, largest in 50 years, destroyed this very
      special landmark.

      > The whole cliff is now lying 300 meters out in the sea.
      > http://politiken.dk/indland/article235229.ece
      >
      > Hans

      Hello Hans,

      your panoramas are great! The places you choosed, the quality of the
      panoramas, the compession and also the way they are loading - simply
      GREAT!

      But I think you know that ;-)

      I'm doing panoramas for some day now, but never reached this quality.
      Would you share some information about your setup, processing and how
      you are doing panoramas 2 meters in front of a cliff?

      I think I have to find the places by myself :-(

      Greetings, KH
    • dalileis
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
        Couldn't agree more. There are good panos and there are beautiful
        panos and there are stunning panos even. And then there are Hans
        panos. Soul panos, I call them. Almost spiritual. QTVR evangelism,
        that is.

        Regards,

        Dalileis

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "kahasdt" <karl-heinz.schuldt@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Some of you may remember me taking this panorama last summer
        > > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen2.html
        > >
        > > That panorama is now an historical document.
        > > The cliff I am standing on here
        > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/360hangover.jpg is gone.
        > >
        > > This weekend a landslide, largest in 50 years, destroyed this very
        > special landmark.
        > >
        > > The whole cliff is now lying 300 meters out in the sea.
        > > http://politiken.dk/indland/article235229.ece
        > >
        > > Hans
        > >

        > Hello Hans,
        >
        > your panoramas are great! The places you choosed, the quality of the
        > panoramas, the compession and also the way they are loading - simply
        > GREAT!
        >
        > But I think you know that ;-)
        >
        > I'm doing panoramas for some day now, but never reached this quality.
        > Would you share some information about your setup, processing and how
        > you are doing panoramas 2 meters in front of a cliff?
        >
        > I think I have to find the places by myself :-(
        >
        > Greetings, KH

      • kahasdt
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
          wrote:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Some of you may remember me taking this panorama last summer
          > > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen2.html
          > >
          > > That panorama is now an historical document.
          > > The cliff I am standing on here
          > http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/360hangover.jpg is gone.
          > >
          > > This weekend a landslide, largest in 50 years, destroyed this very
          > special landmark.
          > >
          > > The whole cliff is now lying 300 meters out in the sea.
          > > http://politiken.dk/indland/article235229.ece
          > >
          > > Hans
          > >

          > Hello Hans,
          >
          > your panoramas are great! The places you choosed, the quality of the
          > panoramas, the compession and also the way they are loading - simply
          > GREAT!
          >
          > But I think you know that ;-)
          >
          > I'm doing panoramas for some day now, but never reached this quality.
          > Would you share some information about your setup, processing and how
          > you are doing panoramas 2 meters in front of a cliff?
          >
          > I think I have to find the places by myself :-(
          >
          > Greetings, KH

          Hi there,

          o.k. o.k.

          I was so impressed by the panoram that I overlooked the jpg.
          I thought Hans is a fan of handheld panoramas ;-))

          Anyhow - after reading a little bit on Hans pages I'm still
          interessted in his workflow.

          Greetings, KH
        • udedomenico
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 4, 2007
            Hans,

            I know you have already posted some information on the techinque you
            used to wonderfully shot these pics.
            See:

            However I would like to know:

            1] How did you make it rotate on the axis>?
            in the post you say:

            "...Rotation just by using a string around the vertical pole. (weight
            a couple of gr)..."

            Thinking about it, I cannot figure out how, pulling a string you
            managed to rotate the vertical pole, withouth having a sort of tie up
            with the rotator (like keeping your hands on the rotator ...)

            It's kind of against the lever laws... is it not?

            what am I missing from your description?

            2] How did you manage to remove the equipment from the pano? Just
            photoshop retouching or you also used another pic taken from another
            position and only then retouched?

            Thanks
            Umbi
          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 4, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udedomenico" <umberto_dedomenico@...>
              wrote:
              > I know you have already posted some information on the techinque you
              > used to wonderfully shot these pics.
              > See:
              >
              > However I would like to know:
              >
              > 1] How did you make it rotate on the axis>?
              > in the post you say:
              >
              > "...Rotation just by using a string around the vertical pole. (weight
              > a couple of gr)..."

              This image should say it all.
              http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/hanging-pole.jpg
              Here is another image of the pole made at my tests
              http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/horisontal-pole.jpg

              Pulling the string rotates the hanging pole very easy as long as you make sure it hangs
              vertical. As you can see the flag pole has to be pointed a little up as it bends because of
              the weight.
              Also the extension cable for the remote hade to be turned around CCW to be able to make
              at least 3 turns. If I had a wireless remote I could easy make 10 360 degree turns

              > 2] How did you manage to remove the equipment from the pano? Just
              > photoshop retouching or you also used another pic taken from another
              > position and only then retouched?

              Different depending on the place.
              In several I could hide behind a bush so it was just a few places I needed retouch.

              In this one i had to take the pole in an move the tripods, than move it out again an take
              an extra back image.
              http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen5.html

              3 of them was made at -20 which covered also the nadir in 6 images.
              The sky was taken from the edge and needed a lot of extra photoshop work.

              This one was made with the shaved Nikkor 10,5 instead of the 15mm because the trees
              was hanging over the edge and I had to get 180 degree vertical.
              http://www.panoramas.dk/dk/moens-klint/fullscreen4.html

              Hans
            • udedomenico
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 5, 2007