Re: In search of: free java-based viewer for <360 degree panoramas

  • stryker
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Fulvio Senore <mailing@...> wrote:

      > PTViewer 2.8 cannot handle partial (less than 360°) panoramic images.
      > The only solution is to expand the canvas and then limit panning to the
      > meaningful part of the image. I tried to solve this problem some time
      > ago but I was not able to do it (I am not the original author of the
      > applet). Adding a black background to the image should not cause the
      > jpeg file to become much larger: those uniform areas are compressed
      very
      > well.

      Thanks Fulvio. I did read that in the documentation, thus the reason
      for my original post. The others who have kindly responded here must
      be using another version of PTviewer therefore.

      > If ptviewer loads the pano but it does not show it, the most probable
      > cause is that the image is too large: try with a smaller one. To be
      sure
      > just look at the java console to see error messages. Right click the
      > java icon near the clock and open the console.

      Thanks again for that tip. Yes it has run out of memory. The first
      pair of lines is from the console when an image didn't show, the 2nd
      pair from when it worked fine.

      Exception in thread "Image Fetcher 1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
      heap space
      Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
      PTViewer: reading a local image file
      PTViewer: loading whole file

      I'll resample, stretch to 360 degrees and retry as I do like the way
      the .ptv format loads. Thanks again!