Webpage with plugin-Overview (sniffer)

  • Peter Krone
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm looking for a webpage, that siffs out all installed plugins and
      their version (Flash, Java, Quicktime, Shockwave, DevalVR) and
      displays a nice report

      Does this already exist?

      Cheers
      Peter
    • Thomas Rist
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hi Peter,

        Not a website, but take a look at Brocap (from Yuval Levy) or Birdcap
        (from Bernhard Vogl).
        Maybe this is helpful
        More information at http://dativ.at/brocap/index.html
        or in the archives of this list: http://tinyurl.com/28ag2a

        Regards, Thomas
        t.rist@...
      • Klaus Hilsenbeck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
          Peter, you may check this page by Panoptics, UK:
          http://tinyurl.com/2ksmeq

          They offer a free detect-script which I use on my site.
          But afaik the script does not report plugin-versions.

          Klaus
          http://www.panocanarias.com

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Krone" <mail@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I'm looking for a webpage, that siffs out all installed plugins and
          > their version (Flash, Java, Quicktime, Shockwave, DevalVR) and
          > displays a nice report
          >
          > Does this already exist?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Peter

        • Peter Nyfeler
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
            Hi Peter

            Here is another Peter ;-)

            Peter Krone schrieb:
            > Hi,
            > I'm looking for a webpage, that siffs out all installed plugins and
            > their version (Flash, Java, Quicktime, Shockwave, DevalVR) and
            > displays a nice report
            >
            > Does this already exist?

            What about the detectvr.js of Fiero (DevalVR)

            Haven't had the time for a closer look and how to embed in a Page.
            I don't know how it exactly work. Is there somewhere a detailed
            tutorial about it?

            http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/productos/qtvr.html

            Scroll down to *_Plugin Detection_*

            Best regards