Re: [PanoToolsNG] What do you think about this virtual Tour ?

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2007
      Bienvenue, Geoffrey!

      On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:06:37 +0900, Geoffrey Morelle
      <geoffrey.morelle@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I'm Geoffrey, a french photographer.
      >
      > I have create this virtual tour Using Spi-V technologie.
      > for creating panoraa i'm use Nikon D200 + 10.5 mm
      >
      > This museum is an older Art Déco swiming pool transform in Museum
      >
      > http://www.geoffreymorelle.com/photo-360/lapiscine/index.html
      >
      > If you want this is my website www.geoffreymorelle.com (sorry is only
      > in French for the moment)
      >
      > sorry for my lack of english.

      Et je regrette de ne pas mieux comprendre...

      This is the first virtual tour that I have viewed completely, all
      panoramas and all around each one, for a very long time. It was
      quite fascinating. The panoramas were uniformly good, and I am
      encouraged because I use the same camera/lens combination.

      I have only two comments that might enable you to improve on this
      already fine tour. One is that HDR might enable you to avoid the
      white-out of windows photographed from indoors. The other is that
      the new CS3 functions for combining different views of the same
      scene might enable you to eliminate the very blurred people who
      were moving through the scene when you were taking your long
      exposures.

      The use of Spi-V technology is VERY impressive. I particularly
      like the way the "automatic" view adjusts quickly to the optimum
      angle from which to start moving, and I thought the way you
      handled the navigation--both in the little inset floor plan
      and in the click-through links embedded in the panoramas--was
      excellent. Functionally and aesthetically a fine tour. It make
      me want to visit the museum, while at the same time it made me
      feel almost as if I HAD visited it...

      Well done indeed. And well worth a visit, folks!

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2007
        A very nice Virtual tour. I am impressed by your work and Spi-v.
        I am considering it seriously for my own tours after this.
        Your customer version is loading almost double as fast as your own
        (first) version but you can see that the panoramas' image quality are
        much lower in the the customer version.
        Which size imagaes did you use for your resp the customer version
        panoramas? I suppose you used cube-face strips for your panoramas.
        Did you also use different JPEG compressions for your and the customer
        version?

        Regards,
        /MH

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Geoffrey Morelle