New Pano's of Robin Hood's Nottinghamshire

  • Steve Pendleton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
      Hi All,

      Most of you will have heard about the legend of Robin Hood, a folk hero here in England,
      supposedly around 500 years ago, famous for robbing the rich and giving to the poor.

      So when I was looking for a new project to base some panoramas around and living in
      Nottingham myself it seemed a logical choice to connect them to the stories themselves.

      The first 13 panoramas are now online at my site:

      http://www.fullscreenpanoramas.co.uk

      Any feedback would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Steve Pendleton
    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
        On 29 Jan 2007 at 19:15, Steve Pendleton wrote:

        > Most of you will have heard about the legend of Robin Hood, a folk hero here in England,
        > supposedly around 500 years ago, famous for robbing the rich and giving to the poor.
        >
        > So when I was looking for a new project to base some panoramas around and living in
        > Nottingham myself it seemed a logical choice to connect them to the stories themselves.
        >
        > The first 13 panoramas are now online at my site:
        >
        > http://www.fullscreenpanoramas.co.uk
        >
        > Any feedback would be appreciated.

        Looks like you fell victim to a little bad timing here, when everybody are raving about
        that Zeppelin pano (which was great, BTW) ;)

        I liked your panos a lot. Nice, calm and very English. Maybe some were a bit too light in
        some areas? And they loaded slowly, at only 10-15kb.
        What was that Flash button about? I never saw any Flash. Was it supposed to play inside
        the QTVR? Maybe I would have to quit/reboot to be able to see it? Or use another browser
        than my favourite, Opera?

        I'm looking forward to when you reach The Old Major oak in Sherwood forest :)
        What a massive, old tree!
        --
        Bjørn K Nilssen - http://www.bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D
      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
          Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
          > On 29 Jan 2007 at 19:15, Steve Pendleton wrote:
          >
          >> Most of you will have heard about the legend of Robin Hood, a folk
          >> hero here in England,
          >> supposedly around 500 years ago, famous for robbing the rich and
          >> giving to the poor.
          >>
          >> So when I was looking for a new project to base some panoramas around
          >> and living in
          >> Nottingham myself it seemed a logical choice to connect them to the
          >> stories themselves.
          >>
          >> The first 13 panoramas are now online at my site:
          >>
          >> http://www.fullscreenpanoramas.co.uk
          >>
          >> Any feedback would be appreciated.
          >
          > Looks like you fell victim to a little bad timing here, when everybody
          > are raving about
          > that Zeppelin pano (which was great, BTW) ;)
          >
          > I liked your panos a lot. Nice, calm and very English. Maybe some were
          > a bit too light in
          > some areas? And they loaded slowly, at only 10-15kb.
          > What was that Flash button about? I never saw any Flash. Was it
          > supposed to play inside
          > the QTVR? Maybe I would have to quit/reboot to be able to see it? Or
          > use another browser
          > than my favourite, Opera?

          I didn't see any Flash either in FF2.

          > I'm looking forward to when you reach The Old Major oak in Sherwood
          > forest :)
          > What a massive, old tree!

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Ian Wood
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2007
            There's some *lovely* lighting in these!

            Newstead Abbey and Thieves Wood stand out especially for atmospheric
            lighting.

            Ian

            On 29 Jan 2007, at 19:15, Steve Pendleton wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > Most of you will have heard about the legend of Robin Hood, a folk
            > hero here in England,
            > supposedly around 500 years ago, famous for robbing the rich and
            > giving to the poor.
            >
            > So when I was looking for a new project to base some panoramas
            > around and living in
            > Nottingham myself it seemed a logical choice to connect them to the
            > stories themselves.
            >
            > The first 13 panoramas are now online at my site:
            >
            > http://www.fullscreenpanoramas.co.uk
            >
            > Any feedback would be appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks,
          • Steve Pendleton
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

              > What was that Flash button about? I never saw any Flash. Was it supposed to play inside
              > the QTVR? Maybe I would have to quit/reboot to be able to see it? Or use another browser
              > than my favourite, Opera?

              The Flash button you saw is the pano controller movie produced by Pleinpot. We have Apple
              to thank for not seeing it correctly as they disabled Flash playback by default in an update to
              Quicktime 7 recently.

              Clicking the button launches a movie explaining how to re-enable Flash in Quicktime
              preferences. Hopefully a better way around this will be found soon.

              Regards,

              Steve