Agnos ring and New Sigma 8mm 3.5 problem

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2007
      As many of you recall, at the end of december there was some thread about it.
      Someone of us told the list about problems in setting up, with the Agnos ring to be completely on the focusing ring of the lens to achieve correct NPP.
      After I got the lens I could do extensive measurements and tries, including a 10 days vacation shooting only pole and monopod panoramas..
      I was travelling with the 8mm only. NO OTHER LENS, oh, well, an honest emergency 24-85 usm Canon that always staid in the hostel.
      The focus gummy ring was taped to the lens body, and the old Sigma f4 RingT Agnos was mounted (as a nice one of you suggested),
      Now things are done and tried, the solution was the simplest: an extended foot. The ring moves very close (1 cm) to the flash nose of the Cyrano-style Canon cameras...
      :-)
      So, please, mail agnos@... to order the upgrade if you need or to get it free if you are elegible to!
      I will recieve mine in a few hours.
      8-P