Re: Tokina AT-X 107 DX

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2007
      Hello Flemming,

      you may have a look at this rough comparison between Sigma 8/4.0
      (old one) and my Tokina as well:

      http://www.premiumpano.de/tokina/

      Images taken with ISO 200, 0,8 sec, aperture 8 on a 20D. The Tokina
      crops are taken from a panorama which has been downsized from ca.
      5000x10000 to 3500x7000 to meet the dimensions of the Sigma.

      Unfortuneately the weather here around was bad the last 6 weeks, so
      I was not really able to test the lens in direct sunshine. This
      would reveal a bit of its behavior regarding CA and lens flare,
      which is not as good as the Nikon 10.5 I'm afraid.

      Yours,
      Michael

      P.S. Sorry if this post should arrive twice. I sent it some hours
      ago by clicking on "reply to list" but checking online now it does
      not seem to show up anyhow.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm am considering getting a new lens and are looking at Tokina AT-
      X 107 DX 10-17mm zoom-lens